What's new

Dixmor timer error message

coincarwash.ca

Washin cars in the GTA
Reaction score
I have a brand new Dixmor DX 300 timer and it runs for a few hours perfectly, then it says error and I have to re set it again. any suggestions? I have 5 other new ones and they are perfect.

MEP001

Reaction score
Swap it to another bay and see if the problem moves with it. There's no use trying to diagnose a problem like that until you're certain it's really the timer.

Cory@Genesys

Cryptopay CC Systems
Reaction score
I agree with checking it in another bay... does it show Err everytime you turn it on? If so it could be the battery.

coincarwash.ca

Washin cars in the GTA
Reaction score
I think it may be a power problem... Maybe a spike in the 24 volt power. I ma using very old transformers. Should I try to swap it with a new one? Or can I put some kind of relay or stabalizer in the 24 volt line?

Reaction score
I think it may be a power problem... Maybe a spike in the 24 volt power. I ma using very old transformers. Should I try to swap it with a new one? Or can I put some kind of relay or stabalizer in the 24 volt line?
What size is the transformer? What do you have for voltage when it is on?

MEP001

Reaction score
If you're having a problem with one timer in one bay and you think it might be a power problem, switching the timer to another bay to see if the problem stays or moves will give you at least something to look at. It would be the easiest thing to do, and a lot more diagnostic than throwing new parts at it.

I don't understand why you would ask for advice and give absolutely no feedback on what has been offered. Did you move the timer? If you did, are you still having the error either in the same bay or with the same timer?

coincarwash.ca

Washin cars in the GTA
Reaction score
I have had the same issue with 3 different timers now. I swapped one with a spare timer, now it's a waiting game. The 24 volt transformer is running all the timers... That may be the issue... Not sure though

MEP001

Reaction score
Now that you've shared that info, it makes more sense that it's a power issue. Maybe the transformer is too small with the added load of the timer displays and with multiple bays running it's causing the problem. If you already have a spare transformer and if it wouldn't be too much work, maybe you could add the spare in and run half the bays off each transformer, and make sure you have one timer that errors out now on the new transformer.

coincarwash.ca

Washin cars in the GTA
Reaction score
I measured the voltage coming from my transformers....they are quite old and seem to be giving out 19 to 20 volts instead of 24 volts. Before I replace all of them, do you think that is the issue? It seems to me that would be a problem.

MEP001

Reaction score
coincarwash.ca said:
The 24 volt transformer is running all the timers
Is ONE transformer running ALL the timers, or does each bay have its own?

If they're all putting out 20 volts, they're probably 240V transformers on a 208 system. If this is so, and if each transformer powers an individual bay, a place to start would be to replace one transformer where a timer gives the error.

Another thing to check is that all the voltage is in phase. This is important only if all the bays share a common wire. You should be able to test voltage between the primary of bay 1 and the primary of bay 2 and read no voltage; same with the secondary. Moving across all the bays it should read the same.