What's new

Dixmor LED-7 Timer Obsoleted

Randy

Reaction score
Well the time has come that the Dixmor LED-7 timer has been obsoleted by Dixmor. They can no longer get the processor chip to build the LED-7 timer. Dixmor will still be able to repair most LED-7 timers. They are coming out with the LED-8 in the next few months. It’ll have the same internal components as the LED-6 timer but will have a footprint of the LED-7. Only problem is it’s not going to be plug and play, you’re going to have to rewire the harness plug that plugs into the timer.

Roz

Reaction score
Well the time has come that the Dixmor LED-7 timer has been obsoleted by Dixmor. They can no longer get the processor chip to build the LED-7 timer. Dixmor will still be able to repair most LED-7 timers. They are coming out with the LED-8 in the next few months. It’ll have the same internal components as the LED-6 timer but will have a footprint of the LED-7. Only problem is it’s not going to be plug and play, you’re going to have to rewire the harness plug that plugs into the timer.
I heard from Dixmor that the chip or board used in the LED7 is also used in some car models and that the car industry just purchased them all for the foreseeable future. Hence the redesign. Saw the LED8 at the nrcc last month, you could not tell the difference.

MEP001

Reaction score
I hope it has the same segmented LED display as the 7. I've seen a lot of failures of the LED6 dot matrix display.

FWIW you probably won't need to replace the harness. You can release the wires from the plastic plug and re-insert them where you need them.

OurTown

Reaction score
I hope it has the same segmented LED display as the 7. I've seen a lot of failures of the LED6 dot matrix display.

I think that is the nature of that beast BUT they had a batch of modules they installed that only lasted a year or so. We had a whole bunch of them go bad in the first year that were bought in 2017. I think they were installed for about a year and a half but not sure exactly the date range. The ones we had repaired are a much richer red, ever so slightly more blue than orange.

Randy

Reaction score

FWIW you probably won't need to replace the harness. You can release the wires from the plastic plug and re-insert them where you need them.
Nope, same display as the LED-6. I think they had a bad run of displays a few years ago.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
Man this sucks guys I think the LED7 has been the Industry standard which all other SS timers are measured up against for at least the past 15 years. I have the led6s and led7s and like the simple 7s display better. Thanks for telling us Randy.

soapy

Reaction score
Randy, will the time master timer work in its place? I have a few older time masters that I interchange with LED7s.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score

Easy peasy ... albeit the correct tools & tiny pins etc ... correct me if I am wrong.

Roz

Reaction score
Anyone using the IDX GIGA Timer GT-200? Someone recommended we consider a switch from Dixmor7 for our new meter boxes given the recent issue. Specs look interesting.

Attachments

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
"Although" would have been more correct than "albeit."
For the sake of reiteration ... despite my AAAAs in English Classes ... I am just a dirty filthy bad bad bad grammer dawg ... I don't know why this hi-flutin CAR WASH forum puts up with me sometimes! 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Castle Rock View

Reaction score
For the sake of reiteration ... despite my AAAAs in English Classes ... I am just a dirty filthy bad bad bad grammer dawg ... I don't know why this hi-flutin CAR WASH forum puts up with me sometimes! 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
Us car wash types read something like "albeit" and our eyes cross while having to do a Google look-up and all! Typing is also a chore when our knuckles drag on the ground so much... :sneaky:🐒