What's new

Dixmor 6 timer and equipment room timers

David Rolf

Reaction score
Good morning, I'm running Dixmor 6 timers in my bays and getting ready to change my start-up price. Do those timers override the ones installed in my control boxes in the equipment room? I upgraded the bay panels a couple of years ago and kept the same startup price so I'm just unsure when I go to do it. Any help would be great. Thanks

soonermajic

Reaction score
Dan Kamsikas, on here (GinSan Tech) helped me w/ this 6 yrs ago. I had heck w/ D&H meter boxes & GinSan SS pumpstand.

Dan kamsickas

GinSan Technician
Reaction score
If you have display timers, in this case Dixmor LED6, then the timers in the equipment room need to be disconnected. To be honest, I'm surprised you haven't had a lot of other issues.

soonermajic

Reaction score
If you have display timers, in this case Dixmor LED6, then the timers in the equipment room need to be disconnected. To be honest, I'm surprised you haven't had a lot of other issues.
Yep. That's what Dan diagnosed for me, 6 yrs ago. Problem solved.

David Rolf

Reaction score
Good to know. Is it as simple as removing the existing input power to the old-timer? I don't want to cause other issues as it's been working great for two years now. Thanks for the input!

MEP001

Reaction score
Look at the wiring. If the blue wire with the black stripe from the timer terminal 6 goes straight to the rotary switch, the timers in the room have been disconnected. If it's still using the old timers in the room, that wire won't go anywhere. You'll need to connect the Dixmor to the switch input and remove the old timers in the room.

Dan kamsickas

GinSan Technician
Reaction score
Good to know. Is it as simple as removing the existing input power to the old-timer? I don't want to cause other issues as it's been working great for two years now. Thanks for the input!

I recommend completely removing the timer from the equipment room. Depending on age and how the rest of the system is wired you can get some really weird feedbacks and electrical loops going on. Again, you're lucky you haven't had more issues.

David Rolf

Reaction score
Thanks for everyone's feedback. MEP I'll check the wiring next time I'm at the wash. I'm sure its disconnected from the room seeing I've had no issues. Positive thinking here.. This is very helpful. Thanks