What's new

Dixmoore weepmizer for FB Winterbrush Change-over

washregal

Reaction score
Has anyone connected there winter change-over system to the dixmore output (2)... use this as there thermostat for there methanol change-over?

If so, how did you connect.. any recommendations for doing it.. any recomendations not to do it?

Randy

Reaction score
It?s easy. You need a couple of solenoid valves, a normally open and a normally closed and a timed relay.

bigleo48

Reaction score
I use my second control output to switch from cold to warm water weep via a 3 way solenoid. Works great!

Big

Spotwashman

Reaction score
Purging the Lines

Using the second output works fine, but you will need a one shot timer and some relays to open up and send the fluid to the individula solenoids going to each bay and purge the lines with the methanol winter mix. When the temperature drops to 33, you will have a normally open and a normally closed solenoid open and close to use either winter or summer mix. I use a normally open for my winter mix as a safety precaution in case of failure and a normally closed one for summer mix. The one shot timer is powered at the same time as changeover sending voltage via relays (to isolate the power to individual bays so there's no crossover between them) to the individual bay solenoids. We run our brushes for about 90 seconds and that flushes the lines. This saves a lot of methanol when you have 40 degree days and 25 degree nights.