What's new

Diskinsystem tire shine in bay brush system

Kool Wash

Reaction score
Thinking of putting this unit in one of my self serve bays next month. Anyone try it? Hear anything of it? It's listed on Kleen rites ad pages for 2k. Just looking for something to raise the revenue and any opinions on this unit would be appreciated.

slash007

Reaction score
Thinking of putting this unit in one of my self serve bays next month. Anyone try it? Hear anything of it? It's listed on Kleen rites ad pages for 2k. Just looking for something to raise the revenue and any opinions on this unit would be appreciated.
When Diskin put in my Air Shamees, they mentioned that they were making a tire shine unit but that you would have to pay separately and it wouldn't tie into your existing coin box. I guess they changed their mind. I looked at their unit on the Kleen Rite website and watched the demo, but I wonder how much time it would actually add when people use it. Seems like you could do all four tires in about a minute or less, so is it really worth over 2k plus install for that? I might be looking at it wrong, but that was my first impression on the unit.

chaz

Reaction score
If you do not already have the airdryer by Diskin, or another mfg, I'd suggest you look at adding the air dryer first. I am amazed at the use these get, a vacuum in reverse, with no debris to clean out.

Kool Wash

Reaction score
Just had the tire shine installed by the Diskin guys. The guys are great to deal with and the unit is working great. To properly get all four tires they are spending about 4.5 minutes, you can do it faster but most folks take their time if they are to put the dressing on. One thing I love about it is that it puts on a very thin application that doesn't slop around all over the wheel wells after they drive off. I use the clean rite brand tire shine and it gives a very professional look(not overly glossy). The boom assembly is foldable and performs great. I just got it 4 days ago so I can't say if it will make me a millionaire but everyone I have talked to that used it says they absolutely love the convenience of it. We will see...

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Any idea on solution cost per minute of use?

Kool Wash

Reaction score
I have it set up to use about 1/4 of an ounce per cycle (3.5 min). So that is around .04 per cycle ($1.25). If I use the whole 5 gallon bucket, it should yield just over 3k.

slash007

Reaction score
I have it set up to use about 1/4 of an ounce per cycle (3.5 min). So that is around .04 per cycle ($1.25). If I use the whole 5 gallon bucket, it should yield just over 3k.
I guess you would have to get rid of another function in order to add it since it works off the same timer. Either that or upgrade the switch and decal if possible. I don't think I could do either, so it's probably not an option. They had told me that they were going to make it standalone, but I guess not.

Kool Wash

Reaction score
I had 2 wax options, clear coat and wax. It was a hard decision to figure out which one gets more use by the customer, cough cough.. So basically I had one extra option on my rotary. The tough choice will come if this rivals the air shamee and I need more room for them both. That will be a dilemma.

slash007

Reaction score
At one wash I had the same dilemma when I added the air shammee. I kept wax and got rid of the clear coat. It is a JC coinbox with no more room, so not much I can do there.

MEP001

Reaction score
I guess you would have to get rid of another function in order to add it since it works off the same timer. Either that or upgrade the switch and decal if possible. I don't think I could do either, so it's probably not an option. They had told me that they were going to make it standalone, but I guess not.
Upgrading the switch is not difficult. From what I remember, your wiring from the box to the room is a mess, but replacing that with a solid 18-conductor cable would kill two birds with one stone.

slash007

Reaction score
I could easily upgrade the switch/decal at my older wash, but at the wash with the JC boxes it uses the swipe-n-clean keypad and all ten functions are ones I want to keep.