What's new

Diskin Air Shammee II

DRsuds

Reaction score
About a year ago we purchased two Air Shammee II's. Immediately after install I noticed the guns leak from the trigger and the air is weak, even with the air blade attachment. Ive since removed the guns and put regular vacuum tips, the ones you use to get between the seats. They still are so weak you have to hold it right up to the car for it to push any water. Needless to say, barely any customers use it. We didn't even bother installing our second unit its been sitting for at least a year, brand new. Has anyone else had a better experience with these? We had tried to contact Diskin about it but it seems Diskin's support is just one guy and we never hear back. It's way too expensive for such poor performance. Not even including the cost of having an electrician wire it up. I would really like for these to work well because it is such a good concept. I've considered putting a vacuum hose on the intake and running it into the attic to blow hot air on the cars, but that can only do so much.

Reaction score
We have the 3 phase system in both out SS bays. Hated the original gun and blade attachments (poor quality/air leaks/awkward), so recently bought the air-logic nozzles and they have enough power that I can blow off the passenger side of the windshield from the drivers side. I have no experience with the single phase system if that's what you have. If you have the 3 phase system, then there has to be some kind of problem. I'm worried that if someone lets go of my nozzle that it will rocket around the bay causing death and destruction!

OurTown

Reaction score
The Air Shammee II is the three phase version and they have crazy output after installing an Air Logic nozzle. Have you checked the inlet screen on the blower housing? If there is debris in there it will majorly reduce the output. Is the wiring done correctly inside the junction box on the motor?

DRsuds

Reaction score
I have the three phase but maybe my electrician could have wired it wrong? Do any of you have any photos of what it should look like?

DRsuds

Reaction score
We have ours mounted on the wall, but ive been thinking of running a hose from the inlet into the attic.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Your electrician should have checked for proper rotation if he knows anything about commercial electric. Take the hose off the boom. the velocity of air movement should feel pretty substantial, like a handheld blower. I would not extend the hoseand farther than needed as you will lose velocity.

I also assume that you do realize the water needs to be beading or sheeting on the car for these to work well.

Wet Spot

Reaction score
I have the triple 220 vac motor system, work great. Does the single motor phase 3 have more power than mine. Also how long does that motor last. I do get tired of. Replacing brushes and motors

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I think the three phase system is more about reliability and longevity than power. If the diskin three phase motor is of good quality it should last at least ten years without issue and any maintenance, hopefully twenty. I would use another nozzle other than the diskin because the amps on the motor spike way beyond nameplate specs when the trigger is not pulled,I imagine that can’t be good for the windings