What's new

Disgruntled Employee

MudMoney

Reaction score
I terminated an employee today and he has posted negative comments on my business Facebook page. Is it legal for me to respond that this post is from a disgruntled employee? I have changed the setting to not allow comments on the Facebook page. Also, is there a company that I can hire to search the web for negative comments about my business or myself? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

MEP001

Reaction score
I don't know if your state says it's illegal to say why someone was fired, but IMO he opened himself up for you to explain publicly why he's posting negative comments.

Jeff_L

Reaction score
You own the page, so you have every right to respond. Just make sure your response is professional and doesn't attack the person. Many companies get negative comments.

Is there a company who monitors? I'm 99% positive there is, but is it worth the price of the service? Personally I say no, but that's your call.

Washmee

Fullservice Tunnel
Reaction score
All you have to do is just delete the comments and ban him from posting on your page.

chadrpalmer

Reaction score
If its a comment you can delete, if it's a review you cannot, you can only hide it. I would post a response, by all means.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
just delete the comments and move on.

forget about it and focus your energy where it belongs.

what good is going to do to crawl around in the muck with a former employee?

many people use fb or internet as a way to complain and many times it's just tough talk; nothing more.

5 minutes spent on thoughts of this person or your 'comeback' via internet response is 5 minutes too many.

copperglobe

Reaction score
Let it go and walk away. These social sites, even though are great for many people, bring out the "tough guys". Take the high road and wash cars.

MudMoney

Reaction score
This is our business facebook that is accessed by Canadian customers and we get a lot of business from our site.So I posted he was a former employee and later I figured out how to block his post.he was on other sites in our area and those were pulled off.At no time did I get into an argument with him.This being a small town I worked other angles also to put a stop to it.I will see how long it last.Thanks for your input.