What's new

Discounted Washes

steve569

Reaction score
Has anyone picked out a slow day of the week and discounted one of their wash levels by a dollar or two and promoted it with banners or on a sign to see if it helps boost their wash volume on that day? Any comments negative or positve would be appreciated.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yep. I do sr. citz discounted Tuesdays and Ladies discounted Wednesdays (my 2 slow days). I advertise with banners on a-frame signs. Response has been good so far.

Some money is better than no money!

lighthousecarwash

Reaction score
My self serve bays switch over to half price on Wednesdays from 3-6. I have had a very positive response. My regular customers flock in on Wednesdays now. If Jim gets the system done for the Hamilton, I will also do something on my automatic.

Thanks,
Lighthouse.

JustClean

Reaction score
I am thinking of doing a "Happy-Hour" (i.e. buy one get another one free).
Whenever it is slow (rain, etc.) I'll put a sign on the road promoting this. They only get it when the sign is on the road. No special days.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I am thinking of doing a "Happy-Hour" (i.e. buy one get another one free).
Whenever it is slow (rain, etc.) I'll put a sign on the road promoting this. They only get it when the sign is on the road. No special days.
Seems too happenstance to be effective. Let us know your results.

My customers learn the discount days and those days are busier as a result. That was my goal, so it is effective for me to do set days.

Customers still wash on the non-discount days as well.

Doug P.

Reaction score
I used to have a special every Monday and all of the inbay selections were set at $5. We collected early on Monday(Nice info for a thief) and we would change the prices at that time. Increased number of washes on Monday by about 33 percent. Our prices at the time were 5,7,8,&9. Increased volume but probably not profit.

Doug P.

easywash

Reaction score
Individual Wash Discounts

Rather than discounting individual washes, reward loyal customers with discounts on the purchase of MULTIPLE washes at the same time.

That way you are locking in their loyalty until they use up all their prepaid washes.

I almost NEVER discount individual washes to the general public.