What's new

Discharge port on Jim Coleman Pump Stand

Rfreeman

Reaction score
off the top of your heads does anyone know the size of the discharge port on mixing tanks of a Jim Coleman pump stand? These are the tanks where the hydrominders are that have the soap, tire cleaner, wax, tri foam etc, etc.

Believe it or not looks like I have fitting that cracked during the freeze back in Feb. here in Texas and it just now gave way to a continuous leak.

Thanks!

MEP001

Reaction score
I'm almost positive it's 1/2". I usually put 3/8" full flow (high quality Watts brand from Home Depot) ball valves on them, and IIRC I use a 1/2" street el, then a 1/2" to 3/8" reducer nipple to the valve. I'll try to look at one I have access to tomorrow where I know I replaced several broken fittings in the same tanks, I just can't remember 100% for sure if they're 1/2".

Rfreeman

Reaction score
That's what I was thinking by eyeballing it but nothing annoys the crap out of me more than buying the part, getting back to the wash, and it doesn't fit! So figured someone here might know. The ball valve is a good idea that way you don't have to empty the tank if working on something down stream. Let me know if you have a chance to confirm.