What's new

Disabling bypass on cat 3535?

SSadmiral

Young buck
Reaction score
I've gotten myself a new reclaim unit and notice that when the bypass comes on it seems to cavitate /vibrate for some reason or another. So I'm thinking of running my bypass down the drain to tanks to alleviate any pressure issues. Anybody else done this ? Has it worked? Also, my old ww had a short in the 24v line which wouldn't energize the hp solenoid so it stayed closed intermittently causing seals to blow on cat. So I'm hoping to avoid that catastrophe as well.

JGinther

Zip-tie engineer
Reaction score
Are you running full reclaim or just "teeing" in the inlet to combine some reclaim water with fresh water? Does the cavitation only happen on reclaim rinse? The solenoid shouldn't have caused seals to fail unless the pressure regulator wasn't working or unless the pump ran in 100% bypass long enough for the seals to exceed 170 degrees. By ww you mean Water Wizard right? You could run the bypass to the pit, but if you are using only partial reclaim, you would be wasting a bunch of fresh water....

SSadmiral

Young buck
Reaction score
It's teed into inlet but running it on everything but clear coat. When watching the fresh water tank it doesn't drop at all until ccp and even then it gets replenished with RO reject before jobe turns on. Yes it's a water wizard 2.0 old one was (1.0). The cavitation seems the worst on bypass. I don't think I have any boom down time on this pass so it shouldn't be much waste right? Don't remember exactly what happened with the old one but the hp solenoid somehow would not open and when the cat 3535 would run the water had no where to go so it got hotter and hotter till boom!