What's new

Dirty cars from Canadian wildfire smoke?

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The Canadian wildfires are creating visibly hazy skies and poor air quality here in New England. Is this likely to create more dirty cars? Is this a 'what goes up must come down' scenario, with ash and soot falling on vehicles and increasing our car wash business?

Maybe I'm just looking for a silver lining since, due to poor air quality, I'm forced to skip my outdoor walks in favor of the treadmill in my basement!

Randy

Reaction score
We were up in BC Canada last week and at times the smoke from the fires in Alberta were so thick there was a brown haze on the horizon and you could smell the smoke, smelled like a camp fire.

washnshine

Reaction score
The Canadian wildfires are creating visibly hazy skies and poor air quality here in New England. Is this likely to create more dirty cars? Is this a 'what goes up must come down' scenario, with ash and soot falling on vehicles and increasing our car wash business?

Maybe I'm just looking for a silver lining since, due to poor air quality, I'm forced to skip my outdoor walks in favor of the treadmill in my basement!
The air is very bad here to in Western NY. I’m not seeing so much residual smoke on cars, but the pollen seems to have gone into overdrive. This is our pollen season anyway, but it seems worse since the smoke has been around.

Timmb

Reaction score
I have black soot marks on my white truck in upstate New York. Along with the pollen it's been great washing!

Eric H

Reaction score
I’m not seeing so much residual smoke on cars, but the pollen seems to have gone into overdrive. This is our pollen season anyway, but it seems worse since the smoke has been around.
I’m near Waxman. The pollen has gone crazy but the haze seems to be keeping customers away.
The combination of smoke and pollen is really affecting my allergies too.

soapy

Reaction score
When it finally rains and helps clear the smoke business will be better. Also the smoke settling on the cars and then the rain will cause acid rain of varying amounts so it will be critical to get it off cars as soon as possible.

traveler17

Reaction score

I would think it’d be good for business. We are getting a haze here in Wilmington NC