What's new

Dilling Harris Touch Select Door repair

Indiana Wash

Reaction score
Does anyone know of any companies that repair Dilling Harris Touch Select Millenium Doors? I have one that needs some work.

getnbusy

Reaction score
For timer and distribution board repair call S Thomas and Associates (STA) down in Texas or call RDM over in NC.

For touchpad switches or light strips, pm me and I might can find some

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Ive got a closed down wash with millineum doors. I want a new faceplate that can use the same hull but want to reconfigure. Is there anyone that makes one that is compatible with medeco t handle locks and uses the same hinge system?

OurTown

Reaction score
Ive got a closed down wash with millineum doors. I want a new faceplate that can use the same hull but want to reconfigure. Is there anyone that makes one that is compatible with medeco t handle locks and uses the same hinge system?

Have you talked to Jim at Etowah Valley?

MEP001

Reaction score
If you're changing them to rotary switch, I've done a dozen doors by filling the holes with JB Weld and drilling a hole for the switch. Custom decals cover up the work.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
We had doors built by Ginsan to fit the Millenium hulls. 12 functions, installed about 5 years ago, no problems.
So far our experience with Ginsan has been positive after we converted our Specialty Membranes (Yukky) over to durable buttons - menu. Fragile membranes I think gave "menu style" coin boxes a worse rap than they deserved.

Sure a 12 position rotary is more trouble-free but I think that menu style coin boxes like ours have the edge when it comes to customer friendliness.

A spreadsheet analysis by some of us yields the cost of maintaining Menu-Button styles by far less than the merchant fee cost of adding phone-cc payment boxes.

What is disappointing is when fellow forum members are so not willing to take a stand for higher denomination coins which is an another even more huge IMHO customer friendly factor. We do take higher denomination "albeit not waterproof" paper bills so that helps some ... but at some point we may need to have to take a stand against the insidious deep state-corporate partnering with policies that appear to be trying to create a norm for banks to charge extra fees for all cash including paper money deposits. Some of us choose not to run quite as scared when it comes to taking the necessary political stand ... which also includes creepy gross receipt service taxes that some States in the USA have.

To be fair ... I suppose what gains the most in terms of "customer friendliness" is debatable.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Thanks Guys for the options. I'll start with Jim. I was told Ginsan was an option by another but I did not even think about Carolina Pride.

MEP, I would just convert the old doors but some idiot pried two of these doors looking for money about three months ago. This wash has been closed FOUR YEARS.

The vaults the owner put into the place are tiny, I wasn't even going to go back with bill acceptors but I bet those vaults won't hold $500 each. I'm trying to build a wash with low maintenance and low security risks. I just don't want to have to go by and empty the bill acceptors every couple of days. This might be a good place to go with credit card and coin and have a $1 token dispenser instead of quarters.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Thanks Guys for the options. This might be a good place to go with credit card and coin and have a $1 token dispenser instead of quarters.
We very seriously considered going to waterproof higher denomination tokens. IMHO a better option than paper tokens. If our industry was even as unified in favor of dollar coins as the possibly larger laundromat industry ... we would have a much better chance possibly creating enough of a political push so the banks would have both a deterrent & a carrot to make sure the obstacles for the dollar coin availability are removed at banks.

Not sure if this will comprehend or even register in the minds of my fellow self service operators but ... I notice on this morning's news Apple Corporation blocking needed USA attorney general requests for needed info. Apple Corp. wants the benefits from the USA taxpayer law enforcement protection (local=>int'l) but refuses to be the better citizen. I see a parallel here with the banks not being the better citizen for some of USA's livelihoods & I might dare to say even USA's life-blood to some extent ... considering the price that was & continues to be paid by many of our veterans!!!

Last edited:

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
are you sure i wasn't somewhat apologizing for my own lack of communication skills?

MEP001

Reaction score
are you sure i wasn't somewhat apologizing for my own lack of communication skills?
If so I apologize, that's not how the comment came across. FWIW I couldn't make any sense of the text following that.

water guy

Reaction score
We very seriously considered going to waterproof higher denomination tokens. IMHO a better option than paper tokens. If our industry was even as unified in favor of dollar coins as the possibly larger laundromat industry ... we would have a much better chance possibly creating enough of a political push so the banks would have both a deterrent & a carrot to make sure the obstacles for the dollar coin availability are removed at banks.

Not sure if this will comprehend or even register in the minds of my fellow self service operators but ... I notice on this morning's news Apple Corporation blocking needed USA attorney general requests for needed info. Apple Corp. wants the benefits from the USA taxpayer law enforcement protection (local=>int'l) but refuses to be the better citizen. I see a parallel here with the banks not being the better citizen for some of USA's livelihoods & I might dare to say even USA's life-blood to some extent ... considering the price that was & continues to be paid by many of our veterans!!!
Damn this Dude is Way out There!!

johnshoup10

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to program the millennium select ll lids? Setting price and such?

MEP001

Reaction score
The DIP switches should be marked on how to set time per coin and price to start.