What's new

Digital Car Wash Advertising in 2023

Etowah

KeithsCarwash

Reaction score
There are up to 10 million Google users a month searching ‘car wash near me.’ And with Google Display Ads, you’re able to directly target those users on sites like YouTube. As far as audience targeting goes, it doesn’t get much better than that.

youtube-ad-example.png

Furthermore, If you don’t have a website (or if your site needs work), simply direct your traffic to your Google Business Profile. That way, when people click your ad, they’ll immediately see your location and reviews. As far as conversion rate goes, if you’re nearby and have decent reviews, it doesn’t get much better than that.

You really don’t need a fancy website or an over-the-top marketing campaign to crush it. With Google, it’s easy to drive new customers and reviews.

Google Ads vs Meta Ads

Targeting: It’s like comparing a rifle to a shotgun. Google’s ad targeting is much more accurate, allowing advertisers to specifically target users who’ve Google or YouTube searched certain keywords. Whereas Facebook and Instagram’s ad targeting is fairly broad, loosely based on users social media and web engagement.

Reach: Google’s the biggest. Google’s Ad Network already reaches 90% of web users — spanning across millions of apps, blogs, and sites. And with YouTube’s growth, Google’s ad network is still growing. Meanwhile, Meta’s ad network reaches 70% of web users and is currently shrinking.

Return on Ad Spend (ROAS): Because Google Ads offers superior targeting and reach, Google often delivers the best returns on ad spend.

Google Ad Tips for Car Washes
  1. Optimize Your Custom Audience Targeting: With Google Display Ads, you’re able to specifically target Google or YouTube users who’ve recently searched for car wash services and products.
  2. Optimize Your Placement Targeting: With Google Display Ads, you’re able to specifically place your ads on car-related websites and YouTube channels.
  3. Optimize Your Ads for Mobile: With Google Display Ads, your ads will most likely be served on mobile — So keep them small and simple.
  4. Optimize Your Ad Frequency: Set your ad frequency high. Serve your audience ads at least 10-30 times.
  5. Optimize Your Ad Spend: Don’t be afraid to spend more on advertising.

Last edited:

TMoliver

Reaction score
For me the Goggle Pop Up ads others are aggravating. I personally do not pay any attention them other than DELETE and add them to my Junk Mail. That being said other people do look and purchase on impulse. So it should help and is worth a try to any operator.

Just my 2 tokens worth.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Keith & others,

From your experience ... do Google Ads somehow have the ability to location target specifically ... like in our case ... dog owners &/or vehicle owners within a specific geographical proximity? For example ... it would be nice to not waste advertising dollars on dog or vehicle owners who are more than 5 miles away from our specific location. IMO ... they would be by far more likely to become regular customers than those who live & drive from farther away. My main car n dog wash competitor has a regularly displayed pop up their name on a popular TV station's weather cell phone app ... I would hate to get into a bidding war to try to get dubs on that strategic spot!

It appears there is a bit of a learning curve (yikes!) when it comes to how to configure Google or Meta advertising!

KeithsCarwash

Reaction score
@mjwalsh Yes. I can get get really specific with both audience targeting and geo-location. For example, within a 5 mile radius of your location, I'm able to serve ads to Google users who've searched any dog related key-words within the last 540 days, or to any users who are viewing dog related content. Your competitor might actually be using Google Display Ads across various sites, video platforms, and apps, but there's plenty of available ad space, so I wouldn't worry too much about a bidding war.