What's new

detail plus

chadrpalmer

Reaction score
i recently took over a start up wash in kansas, and the rookie owners are having some trouble with detail plus. i have given mr abrams a chance to respond via email, with no answer, so i bring it to the forum. they sold us a mat cleaner at the end of february that has yet to function properly. the part they sent to repair was wrong, and now their are a string of promises not being fulfilled as to recieving the correct replacement part. hopefully someone there will see this and get on point.

buda

Reaction score
Chad

Thank you for your public post about the matwasher your superiors purchased from DETAIL PLUS.

What you failed to mention is that this was a used/reconditioned mat washer that sold for 1/2 the normal price.

Used/reconditioned means it was NOT completely reconditioned but evaluated and repaired to be in the best operating condition we could provide.

And the reason we offer a 6 month warranty with the machine.

These machines are being phased out in lieu of our new EXTRACTOMAT so parts are not readily available for all items.

The metal nozzle that was damaged is not something we have ever had to replace so there were none in stock.

The parts come from our factory in Asia and we had to ascertain exactly what was needed.

That part is on the way from the factory and will soon be in your hands.

Unfortunately when equipment is down the operator, in your case, has little patience for the delay.

We publicly apologize for your dissatisfaction but we are doing our best to satisfy your needs.

Regards
Bud Abraham

chadrpalmer

Reaction score
thanks for the immediate reply, mr. abrams. the forum once again helps the little guys! I understand the challenges one faces in satisfying customers,the main issue has been part being promised several times by a certain date, and then not arriving. a secondary issue for me personally was the lack of response to my email, and the need to take it to a public forum to obtain a response. that being said, i sincerely appreciate the immediate response on the forum.

buda

Reaction score
Chad

Thank you for your reply, and again sorry for the delays in obtaining the part.

There is no excuse for your emails not being replied to, it was my understanding that communication was going on between you and those on my staff responsible for handling these problems. I will look into that.

But, please in the future simply pick up the phone and call me personally, I do answer my own calls.

Call Marnie and find out from her when your part will be in and shipped to you.

Regards
Bud Abraham

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Wow; not sure but that seems like a dig.

Bud A has always been awesome with me on the phone and very responsive for someone in a position high within a company.

He responded to this Forum post, right?

IMO, theC Palmer should've stated initially he bought a used, 1/2 price unit and not a new one.

chadrpalmer

Reaction score
Sorry i did not mention it was a used machine, didnt consider it significant to the fact the part was not being delivered when we were told...all the same, if others do, i apologize...more importantly, mr. abrams has worked his voodoo magic and the part has arrived today. thumbs up to detail plus!

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I don't see why it matters whether the machine was new or used. It seems the crux of the problem was that the part was promised on more than one occasion and not delivered. The fact that the part is in the customer's hand the day after this posting tells me one of two things, the part was there the whole time and someone dropped the ball or most likely they finally robbed a new machine to get this one going, which should have been done prior to now.