What's new

Dencar Technology Retrofit Doors (ACW Goldline)

soonermajic

Reaction score
1. tap to start process, on whether you want to buy a single wash, enter a code, or get a membership
2. CHoose which one you want , & if you want a membership then..
3. enter your phone # & you will receive a text, with instructions on signing up
5. They get your tag when you pull OUT of the wash...

is that about right?

slash007

Reaction score
1. tap to start process, on whether you want to buy a single wash, enter a code, or get a membership
3. enter your phone # & you will receive a text, with instructions on signing up

is that about right?
You can purchase memberships with the retrofit doors, but it's not as great a sales tool as the other screens. On the larger screens if you select a single wash, then it will say "save 67% and purchase a monthly pass" or something similar. On the small screens, you have to select purchase membership. Will still be better than nothing, but not nearly as great a sales tool for an unattended wash.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score

is that about right?

As I understand it, yes. There is no lengthy process that makes the customer do anything prior to their first club purchase. It's simple and they can cancel at anytime. I think the first Month is pro-rated, then standard Monthly fee after that.

Justr listened to Brent McUrdy's presentation he did at the ICA show and I think he recommended a 2.5 multiplier for the Monthly package for IBAs due to higher operating costs. I think he said his total cost is 3.00/car. Heck my water and sewer on the top wash is that much alone. My top wash is probably closer to costing me 5.00 if you include 1.00/car depreciation and maintenance costs.

soonermajic

Reaction score
No. Full price whenever they sign up. Will renew at full price a month later.

You generally get waves of renewals around the weekends.
Whatcha mean by "u get waves of renewals @ the end of the month"?
Does the customer have to tenew EVERY month? Or once yearly?

Roz

Reaction score
As I understand it, yes. There is no lengthy process that makes the customer do anything prior to their first club purchase. It's simple and they can cancel at anytime. I think the first Month is pro-rated, then standard Monthly fee after that.

Justr listened to Brent McUrdy's presentation he did at the ICA show and I think he recommended a 2.5 multiplier for the Monthly package for IBAs due to higher operating costs. I think he said his total cost is 3.00/car. Heck my water and sewer on the top wash is that much alone. My top wash is probably closer to costing me 5.00 if you include 1.00/car depreciation and maintenance costs.
Greg. Too many wash owners just look at the revenue and not at all the costs associated with a wash.

Water, sewer, chemicals, repairs, electric, gas. If we do a monthly plan we would charge 3x a single wash and cap the number of washes per month at 5 or 6.

Even then I am not convinced that a monthly plan makes sense for an IBA environment. Being open 24-7 means that you will most likely have a lot of members who use most of their washes.

Reducing say a $18 wash down to $9 with a $5 cost (or more) does not leave much on the bone for all the effort involved in running the wash. The math gets worse for your lower packages. Perhaps just using the top wash for the monthly option is the only route that makes any $en$e.

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
Greg. Too many wash owners just look at the revenue and not at all the costs associated with a wash.

Water, sewer, chemicals, repairs, electric, gas. If we do a monthly plan we would charge 3x a single wash and cap the number of washes per month at 5 or 6.

Even then I am not convinced that a monthly plan makes sense for an IBA environment. Being open 24-7 means that you will most likely have a lot of members who use most of their washes.

Reducing say a $18 wash down to $9 with a $5 cost (or more) does not leave much on the bone for all the effort involved in running the wash. The math gets worse for your lower packages. Perhaps just using the top wash for the monthly option is the only route that makes any $en$e.

I'm sitting firmly ( for the last 5 months) at 2.62 washes per vehicle under my plan. Just as I have people that wash every day, I have just as many that pay for m months and either don't use it or use it 1x a month.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I'm sitting firmly ( for the last 5 months) at 2.62 washes per vehicle under my plan. Just as I have people that wash every day, I have just as many that pay for m months and either don't use it or use it 1x a month.
I think Dencar reps said they average 3.2 washes per month, I don't know if that is just their washes or all Dencar customers on average. They mentioned they cap their wash usage at 15 washes per Month per customer and that number is configurable.

As the economy tightens I wonder how that will affect memberships of the low volume washers. On TV the other day I saw a feature of (I think) a credit card that reminds you about your underused memberships for everything.

CWG, can you tell us a bit about your membership as far as do you have employees involved in sales or is it just the machines, etc.?

AnalyticWash

Reaction score
This number will vary significantly depending on your average household income. I have seen spreads from 2.5 to 6+. Poorer the area, higher the utilization as the car becomes the most valuable asset.

At 6+ you better be watching costs.

On a side note, the higher income neighborhoods have higher membership abuse as they all have multiple vehicles.

Zal

Reaction score
Just for reference, I have had Dencar at 1 of 3 locations for about 3 years.
My bottom wash is
$25 month for 5 wash max
$29 month for 6 wash max
$35 for 7 wash max
$40 for 10 wash max

It works for me with no losses. Most folk upgrade to the top two plans so the lower are mostly introductory
regular pricing is $8-$10-$12-$15

the program is easy to police and abuse is nil

As I remodel and reload I will add to all locations

SuperShine

Reaction score
That’s great Car Wash Guy! Dencar user here, where in the CMP do you find your overall usage rate? I keep forgetting to ask tech support.
Thanks