What's new

Dencar Technology Retrofit Doors (ACW Goldline)

Rainway

Reaction score
Anyone at the car wash show - curious how these Retrofit Doors for Hamilton ACW/Goldline look (also for Unitec Wash Select 2) look. Can someone post picture if you’ve got one?

IMG_1738.jpeg

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Looks nice and a simpler install than an entire unit. The self contained cashless unit with the larger touchscreen is 13,900. I think they also require a back room controller for each site which is about $2500 but not 100% positive. Super simple and quick membership signup if desired.

Edited to add- This primarily for operators looking for an affordable way to do a membership program. Monthly fees I think are $189 per site.

Attachments

Last edited:

OurTown

Reaction score
Looks nice and a simpler install than an entire unit. The self contained cashless unit with the larger touchscreen is 13,900. I think they also require a back room controller for each site which is about $2500 but not 100% positive. Super simple and quick membership signup if desired.

Did you ask why the two separate bill munchers?

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
They are recyclers so I assumed that was the reason. Perhaps there is a bill limit? Randy might know the reasoning

Roz

Reaction score
The bill recycler can hold about 30 bills to use for change. Their main Paystation has a coin hopper you can use as a backup change system to distribute dollar coins.

OurTown

Reaction score
The bill recycler can hold about 30 bills to use for change. Their main Paystation has a coin hopper you can use as a backup change system to distribute dollar coins.
Is that a recent addition? I don't remember that being an option when we ordered one.

Roz

Reaction score
Is that a recent addition? I don't remember that being an option when we ordered one.
No idea if new or not. I think it is an option you select when ordering (not standard). This info was conveyed when I made a comment about only holding 30 bills max.

I started to use the ICS Autoflex coin hopper at one location for dollar change as a backup to the bill dispensers

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Did you ask why the two separate bill munchers?
might be a good reason to price washes in even amounts to minimize change dispensed $10,15,20, or at least close to round numbers-$9,14,19,etc. I could see someone running out of $1 if they had an $11 wash.

Obviously Dencar is catering to the membership model and looks like a great option for a retrofit. The built in LPR software helps control abuse of ungated sites.

Last edited:

Roz

Reaction score
The two bill recyclers are programmed differently. One recycles 1s and the other 5s.

I think Hamilton and other paystations should start to use the bill recyclers instead of just acceptors. Hopefully manufacturers are listening.

OurTown

Reaction score
Is this different than the ones they had before? If so did they correct the overheating issues? They don't have the air conditioner that their standard pay stations have.

Roz

Reaction score
Is this different than the ones they had before? If so did they correct the overheating issues? They don't have the air conditioner that their standard pay stations have.
So the retrofit does not have a large screen, just the small one in the cc machine so I am guessing no or minimal heat. I like the smaller screen as it is less a magnet for someone to attempt a breakin.

given the number of people who seem to moving to Dencar paystations it might make sense for the forum to have a dedicated forum folder just for Dencar issues and info that is easy to find? I think they may have some growing challenges but appear to be more nimbal to pivot and embrace technology changes.
I like their CC reader choice Payroc but wonder how well they last and stand up to the abuse in a carwash environment.

Also curious as to the cc fees (not including the $180/month/site Dencar service fee). Anyone with Dencar can speak to the cc experience?

Roz

Reaction score
Has anyone used Patric as the cc processor? That is who Dencar has partnered with their paystations. Wondering about the cc fees and the durability of the cc box?

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
So the retrofit does not have a large screen, just the small one in the cc machine so I am guessing no or minimal heat. I like the smaller screen as it is less a magnet for someone to attempt a breakin.

given the number of people who seem to moving to Dencar paystations it might make sense for the forum to have a dedicated forum folder just for Dencar issues and info that is easy to find? I think they may have some growing challenges but appear to be more nimbal to pivot and embrace technology changes.
I like their CC reader choice Payroc but wonder how well they last and stand up to the abuse in a carwash environment.

Also curious as to the cc fees (not including the $180/month/site Dencar service fee). Anyone with Dencar can speak to the cc experience?
I was the first to buy I think. I bought 4. CC readers have been flawless.

HeyVern

Reaction score
Has anyone used Patric as the cc processor? That is who Dencar has partnered with their paystations. Wondering about the cc fees and the durability of the cc box?
I haven't had any issues with the card reader and Payroc has been good to deal with the few times I have talked to them and the fees are reasonable.

slash007

Reaction score
Dencar says their fees are 2.7% for processing. That is their sites though. Great if true. Small screen is nice, but I didn't see the prompt to upgrade to a monthly pass like offered on the larger screens. I would think that option would be one of the best sources of selling memberships.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Dencar says their fees are 2.7% for processing. That is their sites though. Great if true. Small screen is nice, but I didn't see the prompt to upgrade to a monthly pass like offered on the larger screens. I would think that option would be one of the best sources of selling memberships.

I think they said another model (non-retrofit)will be coming with a 10" screen that will accept cash.

If I understand the small screen units don't require climate control so they can be retrofit, but the larger LCD screens are heat sensitive. I think they said the inside of an ACW cabinet can get to 170 degrees.

slash007

Reaction score
I think they said another model (non-retrofit)will be coming with a 10" screen that will accept cash.

If I understand the small screen units don't require climate control so they can be retrofit, but the larger LCD screens are heat sensitive. I think they said the inside of an ACW cabinet can get to 170 degrees.
That is correct. Small screen is used due to heat issues and them not able to control the cabinet for a retrofit. I just didn't think that small screen offered much of an upsell/buying experience when it comes to memberships.

soonermajic

Reaction score
That is correct. Small screen is used due to heat issues and them not able to control the cabinet for a retrofit. I just didn't think that small screen offered much of an upsell/buying experience when it comes to memberships.
Outstanding point. Their best reason for using is the ability to sell memberships...