What's new

Dencar self serve credit card system coming soon

Reaction score
I would like to see a demo on this. What specifically does it do? Dashboard reporting? Remote operating and app integration?

With my Nayax readers now I have remote operation through the Monyx app. I have been looking at doing some things with the coinless system potentially.

OurTown

Reaction score
I would like to see a demo on this. What specifically does it do? Dashboard reporting? Remote operating and app integration?

With my Nayax readers now I have remote operation through the Monyx app. I have been looking at doing some things with the coinless system potentially.

I'm not sure exactly what it can do but may give Nayax and Cryptopay a little competition.

HeyVern

Reaction score
Dencar has had that on their site since before I started looking for equipment, almost 2 years now, I wouldn't get too excited until it actually happens. Phil has a habit of talking about things they are working on way before they're ready to go to market.

OurTown

Reaction score
Dencar has had that on their site since before I started looking for equipment, almost 2 years now, I wouldn't get too excited until it actually happens. Phil has a habit of talking about things they are working on way before they're ready to go to market.

Maybe I should have said Soon-Ish. He said they have been testing several different manufacturers of readers and most are not good enough. One that I think was tried (and not holding up) was made by Kiosoft which I believe is who makes Monex. That does not mean that it is the same reader but it is an interesting point especially since there is a member here stating the chip reader didn't hold up on his Monex units in SS bays. I agree that they should not put "coming soon" on their website unless they are close to bringing it to market.

JohnF21

Reaction score
Maybe I should have said Soon-Ish. He said they have been testing several different manufacturers of readers and most are not good enough. One that I think was tried (and not holding up) was made by Kiosoft which I believe is who makes Monex. That does not mean that it is the same reader but it is an interesting point especially since there is a member here stating the chip reader didn't hold up on his Monex units in SS bays. I agree that they should not put "coming soon" on their website unless they are close to bringing it to market.
I wanted to address the comment about the MONEX chip reader not working, we generally don't have failures on our MONEX readers and we have 10,000 terminals deployed outdoors throughout North America. This does not mean there are issues, because all unattended payment readers encounter individual problems. However, generally, we don't see failures in our readers as we are among the highest waterproof and dustproof rating in the industry. Happy to DM anyone who has specific questions and/or want to test our readers.

Reactions: APW

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
Dencar ought to focus on their Paystations as I’ve heard a lot of people are having issues with those. Priorities.

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
What types of problems are they having?
Im not sure. I don’t have any but I find them to be pretty interesting. I’ve just seen lots of discussion regarding paystations and memberships on several FB groups and operators complaining about issues they’re having with them. I’ve also talked to a few distributors who also were having some installation issues, wait time issues etc.
I’ve also seen a few of their machines around me where the screens didn’t look like they’ve held up very well…burnt out spots, things like that. That being said, I’m sure you could say that about every paystation maker.

Mattwash

Reaction score
Believe you are referring to my Monex chip reader issue. One of my readers, had an issue where it wouldn’t accept chip cards. Worked with Kiosoft and Monex tech support and finally they said send it back and sent me a new one.

Since then, I will say one of the biggest issues I have had is occasionally I will notice on my bay’s a reader will all of a sudden appear to not be working. After watching customers attempt to pay, then go to another bay or just leave. I can see there is a problem. Sometimes the customer is impatient but most of the time it’s the reader that’s not accepting their card. I then go down to the Car Wash and cycle the Power to my bay, causing the Monex to cycle off and on. When it restarts the reader gets a NMS update. Most of the time this fixes my issue. However, this has become a royal pain in the a$$ bc sometimes I don’t notice it for several days or a week. This has happened with all my bays.

Don't get me wrong, I do like the Monex cc pay terminals bc they appear to be in the 21st century, as opposed to their competitors, but their dashboard for viewing transactions and data Is horrible. A software engineer could rework it in a couple of hours and drastically improve the functionality and ones ability to extract data. Just visualizing the transaction data for one bay is impossible, much less what time the transactions occurred.

Carwashclubber

Reaction score
An't that the Truth! focus on making the current gear better!!

TurboJet

Reaction score
“I will say one of the biggest issues I have had is occasionally I will notice on my bay’s a reader will all of a sudden appear to not be working. After watching customers attempt to pay, then go to another bay or just leave. “

I also get the same problem with my hockey puck style Nayax readers. They often need a reboot. Frustrating.

RAM

Reaction score
Believe you are referring to my Monex chip reader issue. One of my readers, had an issue where it wouldn’t accept chip cards. Worked with Kiosoft and Monex tech support and finally they said send it back and sent me a new one.

Since then, I will say one of the biggest issues I have had is occasionally I will notice on my bay’s a reader will all of a sudden appear to not be working. After watching customers attempt to pay, then go to another bay or just leave. I can see there is a problem. Sometimes the customer is impatient but most of the time it’s the reader that’s not accepting their card. I then go down to the Car Wash and cycle the Power to my bay, causing the Monex to cycle off and on. When it restarts the reader gets a NMS update. Most of the time this fixes my issue. However, this has become a royal pain in the a$$ bc sometimes I don’t notice it for several days or a week. This has happened with all my bays.

Don't get me wrong, I do like the Monex cc pay terminals bc they appear to be in the 21st century, as opposed to their competitors, but their dashboard for viewing transactions and data Is horrible. A software engineer could rework it in a couple of hours and drastically improve the functionality and ones ability to extract data. Just visualizing the transaction data for one bay is impossible, much less what time the transactions occurred.

Mattwash----are you using the Monex cellular modem or do you have your readers CAT5 wired to your ISP? Just wondering if you may be losing Cell/Wifi signal to readers.

Mattwash

Reaction score
Mattwash----are you using the Monex cellular modem or do you have your readers CAT5 wired to your ISP? Just wondering if you may be losing Cell/Wifi signal to readers.
Readers for my vacuums are on cellular network. Readers for my bays are connected via CAT6 cable > modem

Etowah