What's new

Decisions....

slash007

Reaction score
I was all set to put in a Profile to replace my Soft Gloss, but it turns out it won't fit in there with my Tire Shine units. With the Soft Gloss, there is a lot of room under the front brushes, the when the tire shine activates, it goes under the brushes. With the Profile, the front brushes sit on the ground and there is only 6" of clearance, so no go. I have looked at other machines to see what bay size they need, and I would have the same issue with all that I looked at. Therefore the only option I have is to take the tire shine unit out of this bay and do without, keep the soft gloss, or replace with another soft gloss. The current machine works fine, so no reason to switch it out for another Soft Gloss now, but that would be my only option in the future.

Thoughts?

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Do you have a picture of your soft gloss bay currently, and why couldn't they have the system moved back to accommodate the tire shine unit?

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
How old is your SG and what tire shine are you running? Ryko has their "deal" going again - New SG with pretty much everything minus wheel scrubbers for like $116K

slash007

Reaction score
Do you have a picture of your soft gloss bay currently, and why couldn't they have the system moved back to accommodate the tire shine unit?
From the bay door to the edge of the tire shine unit is only 35' 8". Profile needs 37' space. That is with tire shine in rest postion. When activated, they move up another 3-4'. Here are some pics. 20200727_164124.jpg
20200727_164055.jpg

slash007

Reaction score
How old is your SG and what tire shine are you running? Ryko has their "deal" going again - New SG with pretty much everything minus wheel scrubbers for like $116K
2004 SG. Belanger TS. I don't like how the SG cleans the backs and it seems their TF wheel cleaner isn't anything special, so I don't see the point in getting the newest version.

soonermajic

Reaction score
Freestyler is a great machine, but PRICEY!
What about the 0asis i5? Cleans backs good & their Wheel cleaner does a tremendous job + they have a short track version. Not quite as much LEDs though.

washnshine

Reaction score
Also - maybe a dumb question, but if you are set on the Profile, can you see if washworld can send a shorter set of side brushes on your machine? Or maybe you can get them from one of the brush companies. From what I hear Washworld really works with their customers. If you contact them directly with your problem, they may be able to help you out.

slash007

Reaction score
Spoke to Washworld and they are working on a shorter version. Current rail is 34', they will offer a 30' and 32'. Say the difference is that for longer vehicles, only the 2 brushed will be used to clean the rear instead of those and the top brush. Supposed to call me back with an ETA.

mac

Reaction score
An Istobal needs 32’ in a 3 brush setup

slash007

Reaction score
Just found out the freestyler does not allow buy-ups, so that is a negative as well. Ala carte sales are minor, but nice to have. Surprised they don't offer it.

soonermajic

Reaction score
That's one of 0asis i5's big selling points: Buy ups.
They push it pretty hard

slash007

Reaction score
The freestyler has 8 wash package selections. I think you could program the extra 4 to accomplish the buy ups.
That's how I accomplish that now on my soft gloss. Not sure how the programming works on the Belanger though. With the SG, I just have package six for example have Rain-X only on it, so when selected, you can get package 2+6 which would add the Rain-X.