What's new

Death Bag

Plow Guy

Reaction score
On Wednesday, August 13, I went to my carwash about 9 a.m., cleaned the bays and empty the trash. I came back in the afternoon, check the bays and the trash was full again with big white kitchen bags, I thought I'd open the top bag and fine an envelope with the person's name on it give them a call and ask them not to dump their household trash at my carwash . When I opened the top bag a big cloud of grayish dust came out, I inhaled some as I was backing away. Come to find out I had inhaled acids from the production of meth. It is a common practice of tweakers to dispose of their chemical wastes alongside the road or in public dumpsters. On Tuesday the 19th I went in for a checkup; one week after I inhaled this toxic waste, my heart rate was still over 90 beats per minute, normally around 65 to 68. I may have holes developing in my lungs from the acid burning through; I'll be getting a chest scan any day to verify this. I worked with the Colorado division of transportation for six and half years as a highway maintenance worker, they taught us to look for coolers duct taped shut; this was an ordinary kitchen trash bag. I live in a small town of 600 people, I periodically leave my wallet in my truck, and my house unlocked. The crime rate here is very low; I don't have cameras at my carwash, before now I didn't feel the need. You?re sympathy is not what I desire, but to make you aware of a life changing tragedy that awaits you at any time in your trash can, or on your property. I'm doing okay and I'll get through this, one of my coworkers at CDOT was exposed to this very same thing, he now has a medical disability and early retirement from work, he'll be on oxygen the rest of his life due to the scarring on his lungs. My friends please be aware that this can happen to anyone at any time. Please learn from my mistake, Pete

Randy

Reaction score
Plow Guy,
I too have gotten a few Meth labs waste over the years at my car wash. It PI$$?s me off to think that these Meth heads or twreakers have so little respect for other people that they leave there hazardous waste for someone else to be exposure to. The last Meth lab I got was still hot, they had dumped it right before I got the wash at 5 am. .The chemicals that are used to make Meth are extremely hazardous, I can?t believe that people actually ingest, smoke, and inject these chemicals. Do you know which chemicals you?ve been exposure to? Which acid was in the bag? Thank you for bring this to everyone attention. It is good information to have in ones mind that when you dump your garbage you could be exposure to someone else?s hazardous wastes. I pray that you don?t have any lasting major health problems from this incident.

Rockstar

Reaction score
WOW! I'm sorry to here that.I think about that every time,People are off the hook!!.I'm in a nice historical town that when you drive though you say"Thats a nice little town",but I'm telling you it has it's dark little side!this **** is every where!!.I live in the country and the cops where looking for a motorhome that was driving around draining the waste on the road and the **** was burning or melting the black top. Good Luck

Rockstar

Louise

Reaction score
Wow Plow Guy,

With all you have on your mind, thank you so much for posting about this subject. I have teenagers that work for me and God forbid they be injured by something like this.

We will be very careful. You may have saved someone from very serious injury.

Thank you.

MEP001

Reaction score
I hope the police managed to get some prints off the bags and track someone down.

Tom Thumb

Reaction score
Very sorry to hear this, makes me wonder just what is this world coming too!!!!

Randy

Reaction score
Plowguy, I was thinking about the other day when a friend mine called me about a meth lab he had gotten. How are you doing? Are you having any major health issues since your exposure?

Plow Guy

Reaction score
Thanks

Dear Randy, it's been a few months now, and I am feeling much better, my clarity of thought is returning slowly, I still have my good days and bad days, and some days I'm just overwhelmed. I feel I have a permanent diminished lung capacity, I worked for a surveyor this fall, a day here, a day there, and getting out walking around the Colorado Rocky Mountains at nine to 12,000 feet I feel it's been very good for me. I make sure every day I drink lots of water, on my worst days I use an inhaler. I think the message here is it was a life-changing experience, and I wouldn't wish this on anyone. Please be very careful. Thanks Pete.