What's new

Daylight Savings and Car Washing

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Just checking ... but I assume that most of the car wash owners across the country ... especially those on a tight budget ... would not want to do away with daylight savings time within their state.

A reason of course during wintertime ... is the warmer & brighter outside when the clock is at 8 AM than without DST. Also during the summertime ... in the evening it is nice to have the daylight hours extend into as late as 10 PM. Our experience tells us that some electrical lighting cost is saved (those who are not 24 hr) but most importantly people tend to wash their cars & dogs more based on the daylight during daytime hours.

There is a bill at our state legislature trying to do away with DST ... just for our state of course. Any thoughts on if & how to stop this mindset of no DST? From since it was first presented there have been a lot of people against DST so it is not like surprise surprise.

Again any thoughts ... especially when it comes to self serve washing?

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
It would be nice to get some pro & con about daylight savings from some fellow car wash operators just in case this type of "non uniformity" law-change is attempted on a bunch of other states besides the one I live in.

Another bill is where a legislator is looking to save the state some money by not requiring license plates on both front & back of vehicles. That does not help the effectiveness of our cameras &/or will require more cameras to get more "now needed" views as a result.

cwguy.com

The Eric
Reaction score
It would be nice to get some pro & con about daylight savings from some fellow car wash operators just in case this type of "non uniformity" law-change is attempted on a bunch of other states besides the one I live in.

Another bill is where a legislator is looking to save the state some money by not requiring license plates on both front & back of vehicles. That does not help the effectiveness of our cameras &/or will require more cameras to get more "now needed" views as a result.
Didn't Bush already ruin DST and isn't this an energy savings environmental issue? I never comment on any of those issues. LOL :)

WAIT A SECOND! We only have one tag on our cars down here. :) I remember a friend drove over from Colorado and noticed everyone only had one tag..... He asked the obvious question "Can't you just rob a bank then back out?" LOL :)

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
The Eric & others,

https://www.sayanythingblog.com/ent...s-bill-requiring-just-one-auto-license-plate/

It looks like lic plate bill went down. If the gas station people weren't unified in their opposition, maybe it would have passed both chambers. I am pretty sure having only one plate would not be as good for most of us car wash owner-operators.

The daylight saving time bill ... who knows on that one at this point? My thinking is that especially us northern states' operators ... rely on getting the most out of sometimes sparse better weather days. WEATHER IS OUR BIGGEST FACTOR in my humble opinion. I see that having more light during daytime hours does help ... especially on the better more productive weather days. How many notice fewer customers after dark ... no matter how good of lighting we have?