What's new

Datatrax DT45 for conveyor tunnel

HPS3

Reaction score
How do you start the conveyer, roller up and emergency stop buttons if the DT45 doesn’t handle those functions? Since 1998, we have been running our Belanger Pro Class 80. We have a full service conveyor wash and have been using the basic Belanger command center since 1998. This past weekend, the main control board went out and they no longer make the control board needed to repair.

We are looking at the Datatrax DT45because it seems to be the closest system to what we’ve been using. We just need a keypad for entering 3 different Wash packages. The question is how do we start up the conveyer or roller up before the entrance eyes?

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I cannot give you a definite answer because I had a prior Datatrax system. We have a separate Start / Stop for the conveyor. Pressing "Basic Wash would trigger the "Roller Up" immediately and then all functions timed after the enter switch. Any Package with additional services would require a second Button to be pushed. So, Basic Wash, Only One Button . Superwash triggered 4 menu sign options. Polish, Sealer, chassis and Rust Inhibitor , plus the corresponding Tunnel functions. A+ required 3 buttons,. Basic, Superwash and A+. A+ added 2 more menu sign options . Rain X and Tire Shine and corresponding Tunnel Functions. Our roller up also cancelled after X# of pulses. Are you sure the DT45 can't be programmed for immediate roller up as part of the basic wash package?

HPS3

Reaction score
I’m going to ask the tech that one about roller up on button press. The way they made it sound was that the entrance eye would create a roller up. The problem is that being a full serve, we pull the vehicle onto the conveyor and prep the vehicle first before entering the wash. With the Belanger box, the conveyor and roller up would initiate before the vehicle breaks the eye. What type of conveyor start stop controller would you use?

Keno

Reaction score
Have you considered sending your damaged control board to an electronics repair shop? Maybe easier and get you back up quicker if it's repairable

HPS3

Reaction score
Have you considered sending your damaged control board to an electronics repair shop? Maybe easier and get you back up quicker if it's repairable
We’ve talked to a few and no one seems to want to work on the board. We even talked to a place that specializes in car wash boards. Do you know anyone who works on them?

Keno

Reaction score
Sorry, can't really help you there. Maybe an independent business or small shop may try to fix it. I watch a couple on youtube, but don't really know anyone that fixes electronics. Maybe an old school TV repair place, if you can find one

Robert2181

Reaction score
Any luck with getting a hold of them? I have a Datatrax panel that the "0" sticks. Its the one one the controller panel in the office that you get the reports off. Thanks

HPS3

Reaction score
We didn’t have any luck finding a company to recondition our old Belanger board. We ordered the Datatrax DT45 and are in the process of installing it. We’re trying to figure out the conveyor and emergency stop control. The technical support from Datatrax isn’t much help.

Blanco

Reaction score
Conveyer Start - This is always a push button start. Separate from your datatrax system. Almost all washes will have a two push button box located next to their datatrax keypad in the bay. Start and Stop.

Conveyer Stop - Emergency stop button like mentioned above and also wired to a NC relay on your datatrax board as a function. Once dryers are done the relay once programmed will open the holding circuit to your conveyor start shutting off the conveyer. Same as pushing the stop button but without having to.

Roller Up - Wired to a NO open relay on datatrax board. Can be programmed two different ways. You can add that relay into a package for example if you choose basic wash it will fire that relay and send a roller for that wash package. You can also have that relay as its own package. Lets say basic wash is #1 on your key pad and roller up is #0 then the attendant would have to push 1 + 0 to enter a package and send a roller. Usually this is done to prevent theft by employees and also if you need more space for functions in your wash package.

HPS3

Reaction score
Thanks so much for this info. We’ve been using the Belanger control box that originally came with out Pro Class 80 in 1998. We would push which Wash we wanted (A, B or C) and everything was done automatically. We’ve never had a separate conveyor controller. Our emergency stop buttons, located at the beginning and end of the tunnel, are used to pause all functions and once released the equipment starts where it left off.

Will the emergency buttons still work the same way with the Datatrax? Also, can the roller up function be set to pop up a roller before the vehicle breaks the enter switch photo eyes, like an instant roller up?

Blanco

Reaction score
Your conveyer stop will work like it currently does. The roller function I can't remember I believe is a I8 or I9 function. I would have to check. It keeps roller relay on for a certain time or until the vehicle breaks the photo eyes.

HPS3

Reaction score
Your conveyer stop will work like it currently does. The roller function I can't remember I believe is a I8 or I9 function. I would have to check. It keeps roller relay on for a certain time or until the vehicle breaks the photo eyes.
All of your help is greatly appreciated! The technical support person for Datatrax just tells us to read the manual, but the manual doesn’t really explain or show the wiring schematics in detail. I’ve heard good things about the older Datatrax model, but I can’t find anything on the DT45.

If you could check the relay that is used for the roller up, we could use the help.