What's new

Dancing at the car wash

mac

Reaction score
So when was the last time any of you saw customers dancing at the wash? I subscribe to Sirius XM and noticed that I could download their service on other devices besides my car. So I put it on my desktop at the wash, which actually had speakers and an amplifier, and plumbed the Sirius to the bay speakers .Have received several good reviews mentioning the music, and yesterday I saw two different people dancing to the BB King Bluesville channel. When you see that it just warms the heart. Radio Margaritaville, Outlaw Country, and Classic Vinyl are also favorites. And the best part is it's free, or at least no more costly. Have been to many hundreds of washes and never saw anyone dancing. Yabba dabba do!

safari_CW

Reaction score
@mac - Such a good idea. Music definetley makes customers to spend more time and win-win for every one.

Randy

Reaction score
Years ago we had music at the car washes. A couple of the neighbors who didn’t like the car wash being there called the police on numerous occasions and filed noise complains against the car wash. The noise ordinance is you can’t play music that can be heard 50’ off the property. Then they bitched about the spraying sounds and the vacuums running from the car wash. It never ends.

fastlx

Reaction score
i agree. already thinking about how i can add this....

Dan-Ark

Reaction score
I think there may be some laws about commercial use of programming. some local buisness had to stop playing the radio over their pa system. maybe sirius is open domain? Or maybe what they don't know cant hurt you....

Bob-O

Reaction score
The local Walmart plays music on the outside speakers. A friend use to have music in his wash bays, but had to turn it off because some
customers thought that they had to play there music louder. :(

soonermajic

Reaction score
Im always asking customers to tuen their music down. I enjoy music while washing my car, but dadgum, the area where my washes are..
.let's just say it wpuld turn into a major loitering issues , as I have already tried it.
Glad it's working for you, as I thi k it's a good idea.

mac

Reaction score
Yes I know the music police would bust me, but my wash is in a commercial area with no close residents. And I don’t blare it. If I do get busted I can use Pandora or others. This is nice though.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've had speakers in the SS bays for years. I would like XM radio. The only station is Christian rock, but I'm getting tired of that.

mac

Reaction score
Get it for your car and you’ll never look back and then load at the wash. $15/month.

MEP001

Reaction score
I have a Pandora account and a fairly new cell phone I don't use with a cracked screen. I might use the phone via wi-fi and plug the audio to an amp.