What's new

Damn intermittent problem

wisheewashee

Reaction score
Don't you hate it when you can't reproduce a problem.....but a customer can when you are not there? Here is a new one. I have a WW1 and an American Changer paystation. Periodically when a customer either pays cash or swipes a card (it will call the bank and take the money), a notice will come on the screen that says "Car Wash is Busy please wait". When in fact there is nobody in the car wash. There have been times where I go to the Red Lion and see where maybe there was an error like Oscillating Motors have tripped out. But that is generally not the case. The temporary fix to the problem is to turn the control panel off and back on. All seems to work for a while until I arrive to see a dry bay. The screen will look normal until you swipe your card again to see the 'busy" sign again.

I am wondering if I turn off "stacking" on the paystation would help? I have 2WW, and most people don't put money in while it is in use anyway.

I also wonder if this is a Wizard issue or is the the pay station.

Thoughts?

Bill Manke

Reaction score
Don't you hate it when you can't reproduce a problem.....but a customer can when you are not there? Here is a new one. I have a WW1 and an American Changer paystation. Periodically when a customer either pays cash or swipes a card (it will call the bank and take the money), a notice will come on the screen that says "Car Wash is Busy please wait". When in fact there is nobody in the car wash. There have been times where I go to the Red Lion and see where maybe there was an error like Oscillating Motors have tripped out. But that is generally not the case. The temporary fix to the problem is to turn the control panel off and back on. All seems to work for a while until I arrive to see a dry bay. The screen will look normal until you swipe your card again to see the 'busy" sign again.

I am wondering if I turn off "stacking" on the paystation would help? I have 2WW, and most people don't put money in while it is in use anyway.

I also wonder if this is a Wizard issue or is the the pay station.

Thoughts?
I have had similar problem with markVII and american changer ended up being the automatic. If the automatic has a problem it would not allow the wash to proceed. How about photo eyes if they are blocked will the wash start?

washnvac

Reaction score
I have a ww1 with an american changer. I too, had some sort of occasional issue where that stacked wash would not activate properly. Then the paystation would go to "out of service", and page me. It was always on the weekends, maybe twice per month. So I took the stacking function out of the paystation. Problem went away. The no stacking is not a big deal, except maybe one or two Saturdays a year after snow. I prefer the no stacking to an out of service condition, though. And like you said, it never happens when you are there, or when you are close by.

wisheewashee

Reaction score
Drive motor may be cause

Something I have noticed is that "Drive motor has tripped out" is appearing all the time, which is why the "car wash is busy" is happening I am guessing.

What causes drive motor to trip out? Prox issues?

robtl

central Ky
Reaction score
Something I have noticed is that "Drive motor has tripped out" is appearing all the time, which is why the "car wash is busy" is happening I am guessing.

What causes drive motor to trip out? Prox issues?
I would look at the home proxes and the end of rail prox, has one of the stainless arch plates the proxes read been stepped on and bent down, make sure the proxes are reading them everytime.

dclark3344

Reaction score
Have you recently changed out any of your 4 rollers on the track? If you did you have created this problem. There is a wear difference that will cause the gantry to twist and lift which will cause the home prox to to read correctly. I learned this one the hard way. I now change out all rollers and bearings at the same time then send them to a machine shop for repair. You will also destroy gearboxes and drive motors by putting them in a bind this way. Yeah a lesson learned at the school of hard knocks, the price of the gearbox makes the roller replacement, not seem so bad. LOL

wisheewashee

Reaction score
Thanks for all of the help. I have/had two issues. The first issue of "boom motor tripping out" was fixed by replacing the motor. An easy way to check to see if motor is bad is by checking your Danfoss (if you have one). Top left button if you push until it reads "A". Then run boom up and down. Should see a variance of .07 to .09. Mine was jumping to 1.8. Without a way to meg the motor out, this told me too many amps and causing the motor to "trip out".

Now secondly I am getting the "drive motor ran too long" issue. I checked the home prox and plate and no issues there. You can see on the rails where the damn thing gets stuck because the motor will leave divots for lack of a better word on the rail. Damn motor spun so long it made a pit. This error will also keep wizard from working for next customer. Unfortunately this is also intermittenant problem

robtl

central Ky
Reaction score
Thanks for all of the help. I have/had two issues. The first issue of "boom motor tripping out" was fixed by replacing the motor. An easy way to check to see if motor is bad is by checking your Danfoss (if you have one). Top left button if you push until it reads "A". Then run boom up and down. Should see a variance of .07 to .09. Mine was jumping to 1.8. Without a way to meg the motor out, this told me too many amps and causing the motor to "trip out".

Now secondly I am getting the "drive motor ran too long" issue. I checked the home prox and plate and no issues there. You can see on the rails where the damn thing gets stuck because the motor will leave divots for lack of a better word on the rail. Damn motor spun so long it made a pit. This error will also keep wizard from working for next customer. Unfortunately this is also intermittenant problem
Would it not be the home or end of rail prox issues if the proxes do not stop the gantry and let it go to the ends and just sit there spinning??
Does it do it at both ends or just the home end, if just the home end I would replace the home prox and wiring all the way back to the elect. box.