What's new

Damaged Sizing Arch on Water Wizard

dclark3344

Reaction score
What would you value the damage of the menu board with instructions and Sizing arch on the Water Wizard. The top states MAXIMUM HEIGHT 84 inches. At 5:38AM Friday May 22,2009, I had a customer use his credit card and proceed into the bay with a headache rack that was 87 1/4 inches tall. He ripped both mounting plates off the 4 x 4 structure and carried the arch to the middle of the bay. He then backed out dragging the structure across the cab and hood. He ripped a front tire on the jagged plate when he backed out and then left the company truck on the lot. At 9AM a couple of younger men show up to change the tire and collect the vehicle. I confronted them and asked if they were going to pay for the damages they cause to my wash and they denied doing it. (I had already called the police and copied the credit card receipt) They then handed me a card and told me all I had to do was call the office and they would have cut me a check for the damages. HMMM They asked me to get out of the truck bed when I took pictures of the height of the rack and damage to the truck. The police officer made the driver come back to the wash and is citing him for leaving the scene of an accident and careless driving. LOL Now I spent all day taking the arch down getting a machine shop to stay late to get it all welded up incase there were any other drunks that might try to enter the wash. I finally got it remounted at 9PM on the Memorial Day weekend. How would you figure the damages?

wisheewashee

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your mess. I had similar story where lady had a luggage carrier plow right through it! Her insurance covered it and the adjuster really had no idea of what to assess. However I got them to cut a check for $2000 which also accounted for lost business.

Reds

Reaction score
Time and material, including your time for an emergency fix. And the cost of a new arch plus installation (by contractor or distributor) to replace the damaged arch that most likely still has some cosmetic damage. If you started with a clean, straight arch you should end up with a clean, straight arch. If you look at it from the side is it racked? I had a similiar incident where the guy took off and the rack has a twist to it after welding it back up, if you look from the side. My racks are mounted before the paystation.

pitzerwm

Reaction score
For business loss, use your books and come up with an average for a holiday. I doubt if the insurance company will argue much, as he was charged with a ticket. They aren't going to court over a couple of grand. Of course this is in addition to all your real damages.

Tom Thumb

Reaction score
dclark,
They say this business is suppose to fun, so much for having fun on a holiday.
Man, I feel sorry for what happened, I would get price for new arch from JCC plus shipping and your labor and cost for the outside labor, loss of business and go to the ins. co.
I hope all works out well .