What's new

damage claim

BBE

Reaction score
So, I had an old guy the other day come through my soft touch IBA with a mini van. He had a tennis ball and a large american flag draped off of the antenna. I'm sure you can see where this is going. The top brush obviously sucked that american flag up and wrapped itself around it and yanked his antenna right out of the socket. But that's not the damage claim. Antenna was wrapped up REALLY good into the top brush because of the american flag on it, and the next guy who came through in a new truck got the crap beat out of his truck. Windshield shattered, dings and dents all over his hood and the top side of his truck.

My disclaimer sign does not say anything about needing to remove antennas, it just says we are not responsible for antennas, non factory items, etc.. I have the older guy in the minivans license plate number from my cameras. Would you guys see about having his insurance pay for the damage? Or just eat it and take care of it myself? Obviously in an attended site the antenna would have been taken off, but in a non attended site such as an IBA it's kind of up to the customer sometimes to have some common sense about the stuff they bring through.

robert roman

Bob Roman
Reaction score
From my perspective, guy with tennis ball and broken antenna is basically out of luck.

If fact, if wash equipment is damaged, I might consider trying to recoup amount from his insurance company.

As for guy with the new truck, I would get several damage estimates and then check with my insurance company to see if the claim amount would be enough to cause rate increase.

If so, I would just eat the repair bill.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I would likely take the approach of notifying my insurance company and then providing them with: description of damage claim, name and license plate of each driver ( 2 vehicles involved you said ).

My insurance coverage at my business represents a large annual expense, so, therefore, I ask them to step up and handle situations like the one you describe. It is their job. I am their customer and I am merely requiring them to do the job I pay them to do.

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
Quite a while ago I had a similar experience only it was a small chain in the back of a pick up that was picked up by a top brush in a conveyor wash. It beat up a car that was the next one through and luckily we stopped the conveyor before there was any more damage. Basically we ended up using our insurance company to cover the damage on the car. In your case I doubt you will have to cover the vehicle with the torn antennae or get anything from his insurance company to cover any equipment damage but I would guess you or your insurance company will have to pay for repair on the truck.