What's new

Damage claim help

soonermajic

Reaction score
Guy text me "daughter has 4 scratches on her hood of a 6 mo old white car. She noticed the prewasher was right on top of the hood". Please call me.

Only told him id watch cameras & get back to him in a few days...

soonermajic

Reaction score
We prewash, or prep vehicles w/ Foam Brushing & hp spraying, b4 entering the Razor. She's saying he had the tip of the wand too close to her hood.

I know, I know...another reason not to have preppers. But I am 65 miles away, need daily help, & it has been this way for 20+ years.

Rfreeman

Reaction score
So their saying the pepper scratched the hood of the car with the gun? Doubt it unless you video shows you something. Might want to up your cameras area your prepping area just to avoid this.

I'm calling bs just trying to get you to fix the car. Had similar situation where customer went as far to file claim with their insurance against me. Insurance got their lawyers to send me letters to where my lawyer called them and said either shit (sue us) or get off the pot bc we're prepared to go to court.... case closed.

traveler17

Reaction score
Agree w/ Mr freeman. Unless the video shows otherwise “I’m sorry but there’s nothing I can do”. Hopefully you have a cam there !

washnshine

Reaction score
Yep, got a pretty decent Lorex. Does not show us damaging car.
Good. Didn’t think your prepper would do that - especially in 4 places! You probably already have these coach, but in case you don’t, get the rubber nozzle tip shields.

soonermajic

Reaction score
Good. Didn’t think your prepper would do that - especially in 4 places! You probably already have these coach, but in case you don’t, get the rubber nozzle tip shields.
Have em, but had neglected to use them. Well, no longer!! Thanks

Monte

Reaction score
Food for thought....I have now seen this scenario several times. The customer sees scratches that weren't there before they entered one of my washes.... customer is correct, however my touch free 2 step simply exposed previous scratches that someone had buffed out with some product. I simply explain that I couldn't have caused those scratches ( touch free) and then I explain my theory. So far, I stick to my theory and show emphathy for the situation. Haven't had to go beyond this.

Monte

Reaction score
So far...it has always been a nice USED vehicle that the customer hasn't owned long. I usually deflect their frustration towards who sold them the vehicle without disclosing that they buffed out some really bad scratches.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Watch the prepper on video and his technique. If he consitiently preps the same way see if the scratches are in the same or different direction.

But yes, scratches can happen during prepping, especilly if they are prepping wheel wells. My wife has scratches on her back glass right at the top. This is the same area that she preps before entering the wash because the brushes on the auto can't get to it. My guess is the brush had something in it.