What's new

Damage claim from dryer

Eric H

Reaction score
I have a voicemail message from yesterday claiming that while the onboard dryer was going over the customers car he heard a loud thump. When he pulled out of the bay he found a dent in the rear hatch on his wife’s car. I haven’t watched the video or spoken directly with the customer yet but presuming that the dent wasn’t in the car before the wash, how do you handle this damage claim?
If the Carwash damaged the car I think I’m obligated to pay (I don’t have a moral objection to that).

MEP001

Reaction score
I'd certainly watch the video before doing anything else.

boywonder

Reaction score
Have him make a police report, if you show the video to the police, they may laugh at him and stop it right there. If that doesn't work, have him turn it into his insurance. Gotta love pre wash inspection cameras.

MEP001

Reaction score
So the dryer managed to miss his satellite radio antenna and on just one side grab the leading metal edge and partially rip it off?

Eric H

Reaction score
This is the last communication with her. I’m hoping the husband (he made the original phone call) calls me back and has more sense than the wife. I don’t know how someone can proceed with a damage claim after seeing the photos

Attachments

Axxlrod

Car Washer
Reaction score
You have proof of prior existing damage. End of story. She can't jump up and down and yell all she wants. Get ready for a 1 star yelp review though.

Eric H

Reaction score
Well............what happened???
The last I heard was the last text that I posted. “There was no damage before the Carwash”. I have photos from 3 different video cameras... I’m hoping she showed the photos to her husband and accepted that the damage happened before the wash. I’m not going to contact them again to continue have another headache.
what I really need are some “happy pills” to make the stress a little more tolerable

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
There's no need for stress because you have proof. Don't let it get to you.

MC3033

Reaction score
I’m not sure I would accept that claim even if it did happen in the wash. It’s not as if the blower malfunctioned in any way. Proof of this is every single vehicle you have ever washed.

Eric H

Reaction score
I’m not sure I would accept that claim even if it did happen in the wash. It’s not as if the blower malfunctioned in any way. Proof of this is every single vehicle you have ever washed.
This was the question that I was trying to get answered. When I made the first post I hadn’t watched the video yet. I have seen some roofs bounce up and down in the blowers and I had assumed that was the issue here based on the customers description. Fortunately, I don’t have to deal with it this time...customer hasn’t contacted me again.