What's new

d s super 5000 troubleshooting

Jaye

Reaction score
Hey, I purchased an a car wash with a d&s super 5000 My local reps for d&s are good but I am trying to avoid using them if I can. I have the original installation manual but it doesn't have any real information on how to correct faults or trouble shoot. I am wonering if there is a operation type manual for this thing and if anyone can tell me how to get it. D&s says they don't have any manuals. My local rep says I have all there is. I find this hard to believe can anyone help?

MEP001

Reaction score
Jaye said:
My local reps for d&s are good
Jaye said:
My local rep says I have all there is. I find this hard to believe
Sounds rather contradictory, don't you think?

There aren't any detailed troubleshooting or step-by-step diagnosing manuals for D&S products. They keep it pretty basic.

Jaye

Reaction score
I said I was trying to avoid using them.
They can solve the problem however they are not always available on a moments notice and I like fixing things myself as quickly as possible.

pitzerwm

Reaction score
What I usually did was to hire them to fix the things that I couldn't figure out and watch and ask questions, after 20 years I'm pretty damn smart.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Same thing I do, plus use this forum for help.

IBA's can be complex and where I get stuck are electrical gremlins. However, with schematics and phonecalls, I have fixed stuff myself, like last week when a front ultrasonic was shorting out my 24vdc output in the gantry.

I've run my machine a few years w/out one service call from the distributor. But I bug alot of people for phone assistance!