What's new

D&S Quicksilver - anyone have one yet?

borumrm

TN D&S 5000's
Reaction score
Has anyone installed the D&S quicksilver? How does it compare to the 5000? Do you have the dryers as well? What is the approximate cost installed?

sudsysllc

Sudsy's LLC
Reaction score
Quicksilver

Newly installed. have about 1300 washes on it. i don't have any experience with the 5000, so can't make a comparison.

i drove through tons of washes before choosing the D&S Q. PDQ is big in my area and i wasn't overly impressed with the M5 or G5. Most people i talked to like the laser 4000 better. power rains, vectors, mark1Vs and oasis were all tested on my vehicles. the new Q impressed me with its appearance and wheel blasters. my customers are equally impressed with it and they were mainly PDQ users.

im still in the learning phases, so cant tell much more except to say its an awesome machine

M

mmc

Ive been drooling over the quicksilver to but Im also torn with the PDQ g5 and oasis typhoon. I guess the only way to decide is to hear from people that have these.

Joe Gillis

Reaction score
A guy in the next town over has a Quick Silver and it gives a nice wash, The wheel blaster is one of the best I've seen. No 5000's around here to compare.

sudsysllc

Sudsy's LLC
Reaction score
Joe, are you talking about the Quicksilver in Austintown? I've been wanting to go see the owner and compare notes. Do you know his name?

ajbjoust

Reaction score
Well MMC I can tell you dont touch the G5. I took out a G5 and installed a D&S Q in Jan 08. I look at the G5 as PDQ's never finished project. I did have one of the first 30 off the line and it was a pain even with all the upgrades to make it a G5-S. The quicksilver produces a good carwash and is reliabe. The only problem with it is if you have gusty winds blowing into your tunnel it usses the Gantry as a sail and moves the machine and shuts it down. That is really the only problem I have ad with it so far and Im told D&S is working on a solution for it.

hombre

Reaction score
Have had my Q for ten years now. I'm not in a high volume area. wash count is 80,000. Love the machine, but not having experience with other models, i think maintenance is on the high side. Luckily i'm able to fix almost everything myself. I'm here in Pa. I think i have the only Q in Pa. Tech support here is dismal at best. Any Q owners out there have comments? I'm thinking of getting a new touchless.