What's new

D&S Odyssey

mac

Reaction score
Anyone have any real world experience with this machine? Came across one that didn't look like it had too many washes om it, but the owner aparently just shut it down. I sometimes adopt abanded machines, but I've become more cautious with what I service. Any particular maintenance issues? Reliability issues? Cleaning ability? All comments appreciated.

Baywash

Mike
Reaction score
I have an Odyssey with over 60k washes on it. Over the four years I have operated it, I have maybe been down a total of 5-6 days. It is easy to work on and parts are readily available. My damage to vehicles from the Odyssey is less than $2000 over the coarse of business. Where is this unit located...I might be interested if your not. It is a cleaning machine that just goes and goes....normal wear and tear of coarse.

mac

Reaction score
This unit is in Florida, south of Tampa. Must be coincidence that someone else just asked about this machine.I had never seen one and am always leary about an automatic that has a hydraulic system on it. Just never saw one that didn't pop a hose after a while. It is encouraging to see the other positive responses though. Might be a distributor issue.

Baywash

Mike
Reaction score
The fundamentals of the hydrolics are no different than any other quality unit. Sooner or later, something will spring a leak. I have maybe leaked on cars three times with my Odyssey. Only once did I have to pay for buffing a car due to ATF...it was a black car...but that was from a roll-over.