What's new

D&s iq

sprocket

Reaction score
Does any one have a new IQ soft cloth and operating it. Would like to know if it is working well and if there are any problems?
Thanks

8flyer

Reaction score
I just had one installed this week. I'll post a topic on it probably next weekwith pictures. So far in 2 days I've washed nearly 160 cars with no problems or complaints from customers. I think I'm gonna like it. -Kevin

8flyer

Reaction score
UPDATE: It's now been over 3 months since install of the new IQ. I'm happy to say that we are averaging over 65 trouble free cars per day. We did have a few computer glitches related to the install but the team at D&S made short work of them! No regrets so far. -Kevin

jimbeaux

Reaction score
I just had one installed this week. I'll post a topic on it probably next weekwith pictures. So far in 2 days I've washed nearly 160 cars with no problems or complaints from customers. I think I'm gonna like it. -Kevin
8flyer, just wondering if you have any updates on the new D&S IQ that you installed? I think we are ready to pull the trigger on one. Does it clean cars very well with the low pressure water and is it as economical as it looks like it shoud be?
Thanks, Jimbeaux

JustClean

Reaction score
Is the brush pressure regulated by electrical AMPs?
Is it all stainless steel?
Does it get the wheels clean?
Thanks. Cheers Justclean

8flyer

Reaction score
8flyer, just wondering if you have any updates on the new D&S IQ that you installed? I think we are ready to pull the trigger on one. Does it clean cars very well with the low pressure water and is it as economical as it looks like it shoud be?
Thanks, Jimbeaux
Jimbeaux,

Nothing new to report other than it's still cleans better than any inbay I've seen. The material does all the cleaning along w/ HP rocker blast for the rockers and wheels. The pressure is regulated by the scan of the car so every inch of it is touched equally. Which brings up another important point. I have not had ONE claim since we installed this unit over a year ago!

Kevin

8flyer

Reaction score
Is the brush pressure regulated by electrical AMPs?
Is it all stainless steel?
Does it get the wheels clean?
Thanks. Cheers Justclean
1. no, regulated by the scan. BUT, if the Amperage draws too high it will back off I believe.

2. aluminum

3. yes

-Kevin

JustClean

Reaction score
I've got a German Washtec machine. My opinion about mine is very mixed. Anyway, if I was to buy a new machine I wouldn't know. Every machine I see has something I like and something I hate.

With the iQ is the scanning done by sonar? How about rough pick-ups with antennas or attachments? Is there any danger in damaging the brush?
Are you unattended?
Cheers Justclean

8flyer

Reaction score
I've got a German Washtec machine. My opinion about mine is very mixed. Anyway, if I was to buy a new machine I wouldn't know. Every machine I see has something I like and something I hate.

With the iQ is the scanning done by sonar? How about rough pick-ups with antennas or attachments? Is there any danger in damaging the brush?
Are you unattended?
Cheers Justclean
1. yes, sonar but it also has what is called "scaning bars"?

2. the sensitivity is adjusted as to not pickup the antenna

3. never damaged a brush or car

4. yes, completely unattended

5. if you are interested in the IQ you should call D&S to get better details about the unit. My knowledge is limited about the inner workings of this machine.

-Kevin

JustClean

Reaction score
5. if you are interested in the IQ you should call D&S to get better details about the unit. My knowledge is limited about the inner workings of this machine. -Kevin
Thanks. Just done it :) It looks very simple to maintain. All the best with the machine.

jimbeaux

Reaction score
Kevin, just a couple more questions, will it wash a smart car? and what kind of dryers are you using.
Thanks for all your help, and I will quit bothering you

8flyer

Reaction score
Kevin, just a couple more questions, will it wash a smart car? and what kind of dryers are you using.
Thanks for all your help, and I will quit bothering you

no bother at all! I've been sick the past 4 days.....

yes, it will wash a Smart car.

I use the Premier brand dryer. I think they are the best bang for the buck and look good too.

The following video is the unit washing my Lamborghini. Please keep in mind that this was while we where still setting all the parameters in the unit so don't judge it too harshly. One of the side brushes barely touched the car and needed adjusted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJvGyThnBNo

briteauto

Reaction score
You used a Lamborghini for a test car? :eek: You've got balls as big as jeep tires.
Operators have to put their money where their mouth is, and if we are going to wash thousands and thousands of vehicles with our equipment, we better use it on whatever we drive!

Yes - I know test washes are different, as there could be a malfunction, but he obviously had it dialed in enough so that it wasn't going to cause any problems. Also speaks well for the safety of the machine.

bhoag

Reaction score
D & S IQ Soft Touch and Touch Free

Glad to see some talk on the new IQ Soft Touch. The BETA testing is nearly complete on the new IQ Touch Free as well. Look for it at the ICA in Vegas. Any IQ questions, give me a call.

Bill/D&S Tech Support 636-677-3442