What's new

D&S IQ Self-Serve Equipment

Etowah

gshick

Reaction score
Looking to replace old 6 bay SS equipment with the D&S IQ direct drive varible speed controlled 310 pumps. Love the idea of doing away with low pressure system entirely. Anyone use this setup or something similar?

MEP001

Reaction score
Don't do it. It's very poorly engineered, it's extremely difficult to service anything, the parts they use are not reliable and very expensive, the sustem is not efficient with chemicals, and other than a little space saved there's no advantage to any of it.

water guy

Reaction score
Wow a customer just installed a D&S last year not very impressive have to agree with MEP.

SparklesSS

Reaction score
Take a look at Custom Kraft. Pretty reliable and their customer service is the best I've ever experienced.

MEP001

Reaction score
Thank you for the reply. When did you install the equipment?
I didn't install it, but I've worked on it several times after the installer quit trying to fix it. He spent the first three months working on something at least twice a week, had to completely redo several parts of the plumbing, replace all the low-pressure regulators, all the tubing fittings, and the first time I went in there the service guy showed me drawers full of spare parts they had to keep on hand, probably $3000 in solenoids and injectors that they have to change on a regular basis.

I've worked on lots of D&S equipment. They know how to engineer something to work, but they put absolutely no thought into future serviceability.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
I would never have a VFD on a high pressure pump also the pump seals will run hotter because there is no drive belt under hard use just like a pressure washer. Remember tire cleaner & presoak preform the best when applied as a true low pressure with air. Every VFD system I have seen you apply all those functions at like 200psi+ and it doesn’t look nowhere as good to much water. I like the kiss method I want my equipment simple as possible and reliable as possible. As for self serve equipment I will take anything that has pride in it Carolina pride,National,Southern, Etowah valley, all those are true workhorses for pumpstands.

MEP001

Reaction score
The D&S system's low-pressures actually work well since it both reduces the pump's RPM with a VFD and uses a secondary pressure-reducing regulator and separate tubing to the bay. I was surprised how well it works after working on a CustomKraft wash. It's just the poor design and reliability that's been a problem. And yes, these guys have already replaced two VFD's and have to keep a spare.

Dwrightpittstate

Reaction score
Does anyone have pictures of the IQ self serve system? They have on their website but it is hard to see...