What's new

D&S Boom, 5 years old, Broke

Reaction score
These are just 5 yrs. old! Broke, just lucky it didnt hit anybody! D&S????:eek:

I tried to upload a picture, downsized it and everything but it never took it!

Weld broke! I it wasnt for a 90 degree fitting it would have fallen on the guys car!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
I had someone PM me that had these booms break and fell on a car! You better check them if you have D&S booms that are both mounted on a single plate that swival toward the wall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dont wait until its too late!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Louise

Reaction score
Had three of six break within 6 months of install. D&S stepped up and paid to have them rewelded. First two we took down and to a welding shop. Third one we had a welder come to us and weld in place.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I had one of three 18 month old booms break, back in 2007. D&S replaced all three of them, although reluctantly. Two of those three have broken as well. I didn't even bother to call them, just paid to have them fixed myself.

glb36257

Reaction score
They just don't make them like they use to. Mine are over 30 years old and I have 4 bays. Never had a single issue.

Etowah

MEP001

Reaction score
Since someone else bumped this eleven year old thread...

They break and fall because they don't gusset the welds. Coleman also attaches their spindle shaft to a flat plate, and even with gusset pieces they still break, but they don't just fall. One of the washes I look after has had two D&S booms break and fall on cars. These things are heavy and do serious damage. Two of five have broken, I've replaced three and one of the remaining two is showing the start of a crack.