What's new

D&S 5000 question.

Etowah

Dan-Ark

Reaction score
replacing the gantry on my trusty 5000, isn't quite plug and play. Seem to have a prox switch or pulse wheel prox issue. On the first presoak pass the gantry moves forward, stops reverses and goes to bottom of rear and shuts down. Is the range of travel controlled by the pulse wheel counts or is that just confirming movement? I cant find anything to confirm in the manual. If it is just verifying movement, then I likely have a bad rear limit prox sensor. the machine is trying to go through the floor and when it stops on the springs and the PLC stops seeing pulses, it shuts down. After resetting the controller to move the gantry manually, I am not seeing any LEDs for the limit switches on the PLC while still in the "crash" position so a bad limit prox is pretty certain, but is it supposed to be stopping the travel or is the PLC counting pulses?

MEP001

Reaction score
The range is set by the limit prox sensors, but what you're describing sounds more like a photo eye issue. I don't mean to insult you by asking this, but I've made several service calls because of this. Are any of the eight hoses in the top leaking? If the presoak runs out of the gantry because of a leaking hose, it will break the overheight photo eyes and shut it down so the car can get out.

Dan-Ark

Reaction score
Once again I thank you for your timely response. Believe its going to be the rear prox. When the photo eye beam is broken, the wash stops, turns on Hi pressure rinse and goes home. Had a little episode with a plastic duck on a customers radio antenna once...

MEP001

Reaction score
Believe its going to be the rear prox. When the photo eye beam is broken, the wash stops, turns on Hi pressure rinse and goes home.
You're right, it's been quite a few years since I've been hands-on with one.