What's new

D&S 5000 hang time?

dogwasher

Reaction score
I have two D&S 5000 units. There is a adjustment on the main control board where you can set the time the gantry sits on the bottom springs before it lifts up for the next pass. I believes there are three selections on the LCD control board (Long- Short- & I cant remember?) anyway if you put it to LONG then the gantry sits on the springs for 3 seconds before raising, if you put it on SHORT there is no delay as the gantry hits the springs and immediately goes back up.
Here is my problem, no matter what selection I choose my gantry stays on the LONG 3 second delay. It has been like this for almost 5 years since new and in the winter when I have a line of cars I would sure like to put it on the Short setting, not to mention I could save on the soap and water as 3 seconds is a long time when the gantry is making six passes of presoak, rinse and spot free

Thanks!

MEP001

Reaction score
Even if your machines remember the settings you programmed, if it's powered down it reverts to the factory (long) settings when it's turned back on and you have to enter the program, scroll through it and exit all the way through for it to use what you've set.

dogwasher

Reaction score
It has never performed on the SHORT setting even after I properly program it. I set it, enter it, scroll down to return and out. It just wont so a short cycle?

r&r wash

Reaction score
dogwasher,

It should have Short, Standard & Long. Each setting has a "Yes" or "No" option next to it. I believe if the Long is "Yes" it will always have a long dwell no mater the other settings.

dogwasher

Reaction score
I completely understand, I do set the No on the Long and the standard and then a yes on the short but it will not operate in the short cycle...always does the long

dogwasher

Reaction score
This problem was never solved, could this be a program issue with the main board? Both units have done this since the day they were new.

Etowah