What's new

D&S 5 Column Vendor is dead. Now what?

Axxlrod

Car Washer
Reaction score
I built a SS wash about 15 years ago, and I designed it with a hole in the concrete block to fit this specific vendor. It died recently, and D&S no longer sells this vendor or produces parts for it. Looks like it needs a new motherboard.

So now I have a dead vendor in the wall, and I'd like to put another in it's place, but nothing seems to match up dimension-wise.

Any ideas? Anybody else run into this issue?

OurTown

Reaction score
What size hole is in it? This happens a lot with switching out to a different changer model. You can get a brick mason to make the hole larger or smaller, have a steel plate made to reduce it or possibly cover it up with a surface mount model.

OurTown

Reaction score
Another thought, could someone like RDM Electronics be able repair the board?

Randy

Reaction score
I built a SS wash about 15 years ago, and I designed it with a hole in the concrete block to fit this specific vendor. It died recently, and D&S no longer sells this vendor or produces parts for it. Looks like it needs a new motherboard.

So now I have a dead vendor in the wall, and I'd like to put another in it's place, but nothing seems to match up dimension-wise.

Any ideas? Anybody else run into this issue?
I believe those vending machines were made by RPD Corporation. https://rpdvending.com/ I’d give them a call.

chip@laurel

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Laurel supplied the drop-shelf magazines for D & S and they did the rest. I believe they designed the circuit board that controls the vender. Did you ask D & S if they have a repair source for that board?

MEP001

Reaction score
I could probably figure out a ladder program for a relay to run the unit, but I would need access to one.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
you could fill in the hole and put an AMS Machine on the ground in front of where the hole was. I doubt they're going to discontinue those machines anytime soon since they're literally all over the world. I bought a used one many years ago and besides installing a new chiller unit it's been very reliable.

Axxlrod

Car Washer
Reaction score
Another thought, could someone like RDM Electronics be able repair the board?
That's a good idea. It will look into that.

Laurel supplied the drop-shelf magazines for D & S and they did the rest. I believe they designed the circuit board that controls the vender. Did you ask D & S if they have a repair source for that board?
Yes. I contacted D&S. They said they stopped producing the vendor several years ago, and also stopped supporting it and have no spare parts.

Jim64

Reaction score
I have a 3 column D&S through the wall vendor that I removed from a wash that closed. It worked when removed. It’s a big vendor with a stainless face plate. I have no idea if the electronics are a match. If you are interested shoot me a message.