What's new

Cyptopay Confusion

Nuphoenix

Reaction score
So I'm planning on installing cryptopay. Need to change my timers from time master to led 6 or 7. Do both timers allow initial start charge and THEN count up? Do they start from .25 and count up from there to the max charge? I'm confused with the pulses. I understand the pulses from the coin acceptor, but how does the timer get pulsed say 2.00 to start? And after initial start time is over, how does the timer pulse the cryptopay?

MEP001

Reaction score
When running count-up with Cryptopay, you won't deal with any pulses. The start time and time per minute is all set in Cryptopay's system, which tells the timer display what to read. The timer doesn't do anything except turn on and display time used (LED7) or money spent (LED6).

Nuphoenix

Reaction score
When running count-up with Cryptopay, you won't deal with any pulses. The start time and time per minute is all set in Cryptopay's system, which tells the timer display what to read. The timer doesn't do anything except turn on and display time used (LED7) or money spent (LED6).
How does the cryptopay system tell the timer what to read? Can you not do money spent on a led 7? I initially wanted led 6's but Etowah wants to put 7's in my new doors because space is tight on my tiny doors with coin, timer, crypto, and a 12 position switch.

MEP001

Reaction score
I don't know what the communication is called, but the Cryptopay is able to "talk" to the timer. No, you can't do money spent on the LED7. The LED6 is shorter and a little bit wider than the LED7, I think the LED6 is only 1/4" wider.

Dan-Ark

Reaction score
However it works, its pretty neat. I have them on LED6 timers and using the programmer for the timer, you can make it display your minimum cc charge as soon as they run the card, which stays on the display until they spend that, then it starts to count up from there, I think the meter running effect helps customers to remember to hit the green button to stop (I wish they offered with a red button to stop for count up use). I have my max charge set at about what 30 minutes would be (at my wash that's less than $10. so even when someone forgets to stop, the charge is not enough that they call to complain about. I have a couple customers go over and run a second charge to restart the meter but only once in a while.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I post a sign in the bay that says minimum credit card charge. My meters count up from one cent. I was happy I recently raised my max swipe to $15. I have several customers spending over $20!