What's new

Cylinder Pin Breaking - PS Sonny's Wrap Around Brush

Etowah

hkim310

Reaction score
I am having an issue where I am having to replace the wrap around retract actuator cylinder pin due to it breaking and/or coming loose from the housing. The metal pin slides into the opening hole vertically in the metal frame with black rubber biscuits in between. I have had to replace the pin at least 3 to 4 times within the past year. Prior to this past year, we had replaced this pin maybe once every 4 to 5 years. This issue is only happening on the PS brush, not the DS brush. We have Sonny's Wrap Around Brushes and the only thing that we have changed this past year is that our wrap around brushes now have a mirror bump out function which allows them to bump out at all vehicle side view mirrors. We have the air set to 40 which allows the wrap around brushes to bump out at the mirrors and come back in immediately after and continue cleaning down the sides of vehicles. Do you think the air is set to high? I had set it to this pressure based on trial and error: when lowering the air too low it either will not push out the brush and if it does, it will take too long to push the brush back in. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
1. Second best solution. Cylinders / shocks etc. should never be allowed to reach full length of travel either under their own power or moved during process. There needs to be a stop adjusted to prevent this.
2. Best solution. (Had Sonny's Spider wraps until they got smashed 7 months ago) eliminate all air controls. Set tension by bearing angle to prevent damage and disclaim damage to anything over 10 years old. I think this reduced broken mirror liability to -0- in 200k + Cars with the Sonny's wraps.