What's new

Cycle Inhibit problems on Gold Line

Deepshift

Reaction score
I've just installed a new Gold Line for my D & S 5000. My old ACW was set on Active instead of passive. I thought that's what the Gold Line should be set on as well. I keep getting a "Please wait-Equipment not ready" code. The manual seems to indicate there is a problem between the controller and the cycle inhibit. Anyone have any suggestions?

MEP001

Reaction score
It should be set to "Passive" with the D&S 5000.

Deepshift

Reaction score
On the 5000 computer, when it asks for "pulse on start"- on or off, which one do you use? Also, what setting do you use for "pulse on stop" - on or off?

Deepshift

Reaction score
D & S 5000 cycle inhibit settings

I have put in a new Gold Line. I set the cycle inhibit to passive. Does anyone know what to set the D & S computer settings for? The first is "pulse on start-on or off. The second is "pulse on end-on or off. Which settings do you use with the Gold Line in the passive setting?

MEP001

Reaction score
Pulse on start should be off, pulse on end on. The pulse tells the Goldline when the wash is done and queues the signal for the next one.

Red Baron

Reaction score
MEP, you seem to be pretty savvy on the 5000. Since new mine has always gone to "Car Wash In Use" after a car fails to get staged on the tredle switch - whether they go too far or not far enough, I'm shut down afterwards until I reset #6. Also, for some reason we were never able to program no dryers on the cheapest wash, so I've always just given dryers on all 4 washes. Are the 2 related maybe?

I didn't realize it wasn't suppossed to need #6 reset after each failure to get staged, until I bought another wash with a 5000 and it doesn't do this.

I called Hamilton on this and the first person told me: "Your Gold Line and your 5000 are out of sync. Call back when you have a voltage meter and someone to drive into the bay." I did this and called back a few days later, and this time Hamilton said: "No, that wouldn't be the problem," and had me change a relay, which didn't help.

Ideas?

Deepshift

Reaction score
Problem solved. Embarassed to say that I didn't hook up the cycle inhibit wires in the correct place on the Gold Line. They should be on C 5 & 6, not B 5 & 6. But man, do I understand cycle inhibit now. Apparently there are two ways you can configure it because I had to put mine in the Active position. Then you pulse at end. The way I knew it wasn't wired right was, the light on the cycle inhibit relay inside the ACW is supposed to be on 24/7 except for the 2 seconds that the 5000 "pulses" at the end of the wash. Red, I would look inside your Gold Line and make sure the light on the cycle inhibit relay is on all the time. Then make sure your D & S computer is programmed to pulse on the end in your set up. Then watch the ACW relay when a car pulls out. It should go off for a couple of seconds to notify the ACW that the wash is over. Also make sure the ACW is in the active position. Hope that helps. Try recycling the power on both the ACW and #6 next time you get out of sync.