What's new

Customers report under paying with crypto pay???

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
i've had a few customers report that they have only been charged $10 for my $22 wash. When I look on the crypto pay control panel, I can find the customer name and the correct price. Is the $10 the hold And they're just looking at the statement before they are actually charged the full amount?

traveler17

Reaction score
Yessir it is the hold. I’ve had people over the years tell me they have either over or underpaid.

OurTown

Reaction score
i've had a few customers report that they have only been charged $10 for my $22 wash. When I look on the crypto pay control panel, I can find the customer name and the correct price. Is the $10 the hold And they're just looking at the statement before they are actually charged the full amount?

Are these customers using standard debit or credit cards? If so then it will settle to the $22 but might take several days depending on the bank. Prepaid cards can be an issue. We have seen several that never settled out for some reason. There are also "burner cards" out there but I don't know much about these and I'm not sure why someone would use one at a car wash. Check your Access My IQ portal in a few days to see if you got paid correctly.

New Washdog

Reaction score
Sounds likely that it's the hold amount. I would contact crytopay and change the hold amount to match that of your top wash. Because if you don't and someone uses a debit card or a prepaid without sufficient funds you'll be out $$.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sounds likely that it's the hold amount. I would contact crytopay and change the hold amount to match that of your top wash. Because if you don't and someone uses a debit card or a prepaid without sufficient funds you'll be out $$.
ok i will do that. thank you for the info.

Etowah

OurTown

Reaction score
Keep in mind that the hold is sitewide and not just on one swiper. If you have Cryptopay on vacs and bays get ready for the phone calls about being overcharged.

Keith Baker

Keith Baker
Reaction score
Keep in mind that the hold is sitewide and not just on one swiper. If you have Cryptopay on vacs and bays get ready for the phone calls about being overcharged.
[/QUO
I added a message to my answering machine telling them to wait one day to see the true amount. I was returning six or seven calls per week about the extra charge.

OurTown

Reaction score
APW changed the name of his car washes with Cryptopay to Pre Auth Car Wash. (or something like that) That way when they see the charge they know it's temporary.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Is your swiper configured correctly? I had to increase my max purchase price on one of mine to make it work properly

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes the Swiper seems to be configured properly. On the crypto pay control panel it shows the proper amount associated with each customer name. Customers that have called and said they paid $10 were charged $22 according to crypto pay control panel.

Ryancross11

Reaction score
You can have crypto pay change the hold too. I was done explaining the $10 hold to customers. I have a $5 minimum so I had them change the hold to $5.

locatorh

Reaction score
It sometimes happens when people use regular credit or debit cards to pay for the service. It’s because of hold and some more time needed for the whole sum to be paid.
It also happens sometimes to me while doing short-term forex trading strategies. It requires me to effectuate really fast transactions; some of those are performed in several seconds. And sometimes, my accounts don’t show me the full price of the deal but only the initial amount, without all the additional fees and the hold. I have to wait for some time to see the actual financial flow and the actual situation.

Last edited: