What's new

Customers playing loud music

AZcarwashman

Reaction score
I have a couple locations that are near homes and apartments. These locations are very busy all day and late into the night daily. I’m having real issues with the neighbors with customers playing excessively loud music all the time. We address it when on site, but most complaints come in the evening and night when I’m done for the day. Signs and banners are posted and there’s still no stopping these A$$holes from doing this. Also, calling the police on every violator is not feasible either. Anyone also dealing with this? Any ideas how to remedy?

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
No simple solution.. My signs say loud music is a violation of Chgo code XXX neighbors call police and violators' cars are subject to seizure..

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
I have my decibel meter handy. Also there is an app on my phone that serves as a decibel meter. That way I can honestly say my judgement is objective vs subjective.

A bigger problem ... so I do not lose my better customers is the extremely offensive vulgarities within the LOUD rap &/or song-music etc.

Most respond reasonably when I approach them but I have had some situations where they try to test me ... on whether I will stand up to them on the property that based on our civil laws ... I own ... & ownership gives me certain specific authority. Another reason to be vigilant against communist leaning politicians, judges & even public media! That is ... often the real domestic terrorists if you will.

The "less desirable customers" may accuse you of raising your voice towards them ... so you may want to have the satisfaction of knowing that their voice was at a higher decibel level .... based also on whatever decibel meter???

Last edited: