What's new

Customer says we scratched her hood

Randy

Reaction score
We got a complaint from a customer who said that the Autec 425 with mitter cloth scratched the hood of her 2013 Equinox. She contacted us a week after she washed her car, wants our insurance information or have us pay for the damage to her car. Looking at the pictures do you think we should go ahead and give her our insurance information or write her a check or the damages? I already know what we are going to do, I just want to know what everyone thinks.

Attachments

washnvac

Reaction score
Does not look like mitter scratches to me. Looks like someone was scrapping snow off the hood with a snow shovel. In the unlikley event there was something on the mitter, it would be on the whole car. Plus I do not believe mitters would make that circular impression.

request: DENIED. Tell her to call her insurance company.

Last edited:

Toms PTcarwash

Reaction score
Do you have proof she was even at your wash, such as credit card charge? Do you have video of the car in and out?
It's amazing how many people will try to look for a scape goat for their problems.
I have no idea how your wash works, but could it even create scratches like that? Did anyone else complain?

I've had people tell me my auto wash brushes tore off their mirrors and antennas. I have a touch free.
Also had a guy last year left me a message about how his wife pulled into the wash going less than 2 mph according to the gps on her new 750 bmw and tore off the lower front spoiler on my "horrible curb coming in from the street." I don't argue with customers about simple things, but he insisted I pay almost 6k to repair the damage. Again, saying he had proof she was barley moving when she hit my curb. I asked him to come over to the wash to discuss. He did. We walked out to the curb, I asked him to look up and down the street, and across the road at the residential neighborhood. All of the curbs are identical and where installed and owned by the township. I believe his wife hit a curb at a convince store or similar and didn't want to take the blame.

jack954

Reaction score
i find it humorous that people request our insurance info as if we are required to give it!

Bricks

Reaction score
Randy I don’t know man. Could the hood have been lifted up into the wipers somehow? Like when people flip them up to prevent them from freezing to the windshield?

Worschman

Reaction score
It took her a week to let you know what happened? Not what a "normal" person would do. I wouldn't cover it if I were you.

Randy

Reaction score
So Randy, you're keeping us all in suspense. We need to know your response!

Did it involve anything about pounding sand?
We met with her yesterday afternoon and it got UGLY! Real fast. We looked at the scratches and when I told her that they didn’t happen here because the scratches were going the wrong direction she went absolutely BALLISTIC!! She began yelling and called us every name in the book and said we have a moral responsibility as business owners to make it right, the customer is always right and we need to show more respect. When I told her to turn it over to her insurance company she said she didn’t have insurance. I then said “have a nice day” and left.

soonermajic

Reaction score
Chalk 1 up for the Good Guys!!!

Randy ---- 1

Antifa ----- 0

eckert16

Reaction score
Good for you. If it would've been a brush, I'd expect any scratches to be contiguous along the entire length of the vehicle (or for the length that particular brush 'normally' is in contact with the vehicle.)

... haha.... didn't have her own insurance... but supposedly it was "your" MORAL responsibliity because she complained to you?