What's new

Customer Hits Carwash, wants Waxman to Pay

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Why is it that some people are so very reluctant to accept responsibility???

A guy towing a boat on a trailer ran into my carwash yesterday. My agent called him to get his insurance info. He was surprised because he was planning to get my insurance info to make a claim against me.

WTF?!?

DiamondWash

Reaction score
I hate it when the damn building decides to jump out in front of customers I have had so many talks to it about that!

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
It's natural for a person to try and blame someone else when there is an issue. Less and less people are willing to take responsibility for their mistakes. Best of luck, keep us informed.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
not for that spot i don't. but i have an eye witness and the customer does not deny he hit the building!

i understand that it may be a natural response to blame others for one's own actions, but i think that mentality needs to be examined and on the whole that mindset is a big problem in society today; 'not my fault'. Be a man and own your actions. I've done plenty I'm not proud of but I own it all.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
I had a customer with a boom truck decide he was going try to take my exit self serve door with him when leaving well that didn't happen his boom caved the door in and his response "This should not be my fault!" I wanted so bad to knock him out right there and this was in the winter, ended up being a $1000.00 repair I wish I could say the same thing while paying my bills and try blaming the bank for crappy rates some people can't afford or pay for now!.

robert roman

Bob Roman
Reaction score
I believe that it is not responsibility but direct gain that is increasingly motivating people to sue. I could imagine someone thinking, why not, what do I have too lose? Pathetic.

buda

Reaction score
Making a Claim Against Your Carwash

I think this is what President Obama calls: "redistribution of the wealth."

Expect more of the same during this administration.

Mr. Clean

Reaction score
Remind him that his cell phone records will be supoenaed if this ges to court. Willing to bet he'll reconsider his position. How in 'ell do you hit a building? Was the skier injured?? (Sorry, just made me think of Foxworthy)

Mr. Clean

Reaction score
Remind him that his cell phone records will be subpoenaed if this goes to court. Willing to bet he'll reconsider his position. How in 'ell do you hit a building? Was the skier injured?? (Sorry, just made me think of Foxworthy)
MC

pitzerwm

Reaction score
I happened to be at my wash when a Greyhound bus decided to use my lot for a U-turn, side shiped my corner protection post bending it into the building. The woman driver just kept going, chased her down and threatened to call the cops, she paid me for the damage out of her own pocket.

I also had a guy hit one of my post, called the cops and claimed that because I didn't have enough lighting that it was my fault. Turns out that he was going backwards at 21 mph when he hit it. The insurance company paid him and raised my rates that amount the next year.

sonicsoft

Reaction score
Conveyors

At least it wasn't someone leaving the car in drive and ramming into the car in front and then blaming the machinery. I had an insurance adjuster tell me that they hate getting calls about this type of situation because the customer is always 100% sure that they left the car in neutral and get angry with them about denying their claim.

Customer's just don't get the fact that a conveyor is like a tug boat and not a jet boat.

BayWatch

Jedi apprentice
Reaction score
I showed up at my wash one morning to find one of the vacuum canopies had been hit and knocked over. It was hit with enough force, that the canopy knocked a vacuum off the base. I have a sign that shows my contact info with 4" numbers directly in front of the vac canopy. The guy had to of seen the sign from where he was. And this is an older less productive location, so I didnt have any cameras. Luckily the owner of the business across the street witnessed the entire thing. The guy was driving a local moving truck. I contacted them and everything was resolved, but only because of my neighbor, and he came to me to make sure I knew what had happened. There are a few good people left.