What's new

Current Petit Owners/Operators

toddmullens

Reaction score
Any of you have the dual pump setup per bay with the stacked pump stand that feeds both pumps with a single water holding tank have any issues with the water keeping up? What about with two units (4 cat 3535 pumps running total). Currently have a 2” water line but I am concerned about my water supply keeping up, especially with single water holding tanks.

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
We have two double wash bay sites and both have the stacked pump stands. We have zero issues with the water supply keeping up. Both sites have 2" incoming water lines.

toddmullens

Reaction score
That’s good to hear. That single holding tank makes me a tad nervous, but I guess we will see. Even at 18 to 20 cars per hour in both bays, no issues?

DakotaHoskins

Reaction score
There is enough water in the stacked pump holding tank to wash one car. The petit's have treated our site's with low water pressure well.

Axxlrod

Car Washer
Reaction score
If you have water supply issues, you can add a holding tank as a buffer that feeds into the pumps.

I had to that at one of my sites that only has a 1.5" water line after we added two D35 pumps. No issues since.

GoBuckeyes

Reaction score
A 2” line should flow over 100gpm. The two pumps run for about 30 seconds, so between the two pumps you’re talking about 35 gallons and between the two bays you’re talking about 70 gallons. The fill valves are high flow also.

Also off the top of my head we’re using around 50 gallons total per car all in.

OurTown

Reaction score
A 2" water main should be in the hundreds of GPM depending on pressure. If using all softened water then make sure the softener has enough flow as it could be a bottleneck. Are the Petits gravity fed and if so what size tank(s) do they supply?

HeyVern

Reaction score
I've never seen the tank get below half on mine.

soonermajic

Reaction score
A 2" water main should be in the hundreds of GPM depending on pressure. If using all softened water then make sure the softener has enough flow as it could be a bottleneck. Are the Petits gravity fed and if so what size tank(s) do they supply?
surely nobody rinses with soft water any more...? I thought everyone quit doing that, & switched to regular hard city water, years ago...?

OurTown

Reaction score
surely nobody rinses with soft water any more...? I thought everyone quit doing that, & switched to regular hard city water, years ago...?

I don't know. Our city water has 18 grains of hardness.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
I found the only Petit Car Wash owners page on Facebook, I tried to insert the link but it's not displaying correctly here. But here's the link.

SuperShine

Reaction score
My 2” service line wasn’t sufficient for our two stacked Petit pump stands and three SS bays. So 250gal holding tank here we come. Unfortunately the incoming pressure was only 70psi, especially with the bypass open on the incoming water line.

Is everyone using the standard, crap float valve Petit supplies or are you using a single or double Jobe valve in each tank?

GoBuckeyes

Reaction score
My 2” service line wasn’t sufficient for our two stacked Petit pump stands and three SS bays. So 250gal holding tank here we come. Unfortunately the incoming pressure was only 70psi, especially with the bypass open on the incoming water line.

Is everyone using the standard, crap float valve Petit supplies or are you using a single or double Jobe valve in each tank?
The Kerrick floats that were in our first two Petits were garbage. The seals on the plungers had what looked like defects from the mold and would seep. They didn't last long. After replacing several times our distributor gave us a Walters valve that lasted about a week. I ended up installing two Jobe Topaz Industro valves I had from another site and they have been in there ever since.

Our second two Petits came with Kerricks as well and they have been problem free. I actually ordered two smaller 1/2' Kerricks to use for my RO reject in the extra bunghole on the tank. So far so good. You can purchase the Kerrick floats on Amazon if needed.

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
No problem with my dual bay with stacked pump stands. My issue is on a busy day I literally run out of water. Consuming 180gal/min

GoBuckeyes

Reaction score
In case you're curious, I just measured and figured the volume of the holding tank on the Petit. The tank has about 35 gallons of usuable capacity.

Our 'all in' average water consumption is about 56 gallons per car.

OurTown

Reaction score
No problem with my dual bay with stacked pump stands. My issue is on a busy day I literally run out of water. Consuming 180gal/min
45 GPM each pump? I thought they were Cat 3535s.

GoBuckeyes

Reaction score
My issue is on a busy day I literally run out of water. Consuming 180gal/min
I also am not following your math. How did you arrive at this number? If you have a dual bay and you ran two HP passes per wash you still wouldn’t approach that volume. The high pressure pass is about 30 seconds, less for the top spray…so call it a minute total that HP pumps are running…that’s 35 gpm times two bays…70 gpm total…double that for the second HP pass I’m sure you’re not running and that’s 140 gpm. How big of a toilet are you flushing?