What's new

Crytptopay/WorldPay

Roz

Reaction score
Has anyone figured out if it is possible to block a specific customer from being able to use their credit card at our wash? We have a peach who uses the bays for 30 plus minutes, so multiple swipes, and then submits a dispute for 75% of the charge. I have tried to explain the MO to WP via the dispute response system but it never goes anywhere. The merchant seems to always lose when it comes to carwashes. Impossible to reach WP or CP so wondered if anyone has found an avenue to block a customer so they need to use cash?

traveler17

Reaction score
What a pain. I’ve never been able to get through to worldpay. I go online chat to cryptopay and once through I request a call and never had a problem reaching them. If I were in your boat I’d figure out how often he comes and when and have him trespassed. Doesn’t sound like a customer Id want on my property!!

Roz

Reaction score
while I understand the thought it is impossible from a practical standpoint. We are upgrading from swipers to Tap Plus next month so I hope that the new system allows us to win the dispute in the future since it will be a chip transaction.

Roz

Reaction score
Going to be selling upto 5 swipers soon 😂

Rainway

Reaction score
I inquired of e-Xact who processes for Goldline ACW kiosks and was told there’s not a way. Chaps me because I get charged $25 chargeback fee no matter what and always lost appeals.

Have you thought about finding out process locally from police department how to legally give someone a no trespassing notice? I haven’t done it for chargebacks but have done it for the bum living in a van on the corner charging his phone and pissing in our parking lot. Just had to have his name by police making contact and meet up with police to give him no trespass notice (could make indefinite or a year or whatever). Never saw him again but if I did I could call police and have him cited for trespassing. Good riddance. You don’t need customers like that.

Keno

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that there is some language in pci standards about swipe transactions automatically losing charge backs. I think this went in place in 2014 or 15. Hazy since it's been some time, but we had to update all our cc terminals to chip at our liquor stores at that time.