What's new

Crytopay

OASIS WASH

Reaction score
Ok guys, Im intrigued....someone tell me how to switch to count up money? I have the dixmor led 6 timers.

Msaxonii

Reaction score
I don't mean to hijack the thread, but does anybody know how much of a range the Cryptopay coordinator has to be able to connect to the swipers?

Looking at a car wash by my house which would be about 300 foot away and wondering if I'd be able to put the coordinator on my covered deck to provide service.

Just looked and see it would only need to connect to the first swiper because they relay. Don't want to put in the house because of aluminum siding. I figure I could run ethernet and cable to porch and mount it under the roof, where the only structures it would be going through is wood.

Last edited:

MEP001

Reaction score
I don't mean to hijack the thread, but does anybody know how much of a range the Cryptopay coordinator has to be able to connect to the swipers?

Looking at a car wash by my house which would be about 300 foot away and wondering if I'd be able to put the coordinator on my covered deck to provide service.

Just looked and see it would only need to connect to the first swiper because they relay. Don't want to put in the house because of aluminum siding. I figure I could run ethernet and cable to porch and mount it under the roof, where the only structures it would be going through is wood.
The swipers can only transmit about 100' to the coordinator (They daisy chain between each other so their effective range is only limited to the maximum number the coordinator can talk with, which is a lot). You should be able to use a wireless network bridge and remote outdoor antennas to get 1000' of range, and put the coordinator at the wash. FWIW you can get internet pretty cheap now. Mine's only $45/month at the wash for 250Mb/s fiber optic.

Sequoia

AKA Duane H- 3 bay SS
Reaction score

Look at a Ubiquiti nanostation. I use the M5 version but they make other models. It will allow a solid signal as you want, as long as you have line of sight. Once a nanostation is in place on either end, you can do wired or wireless at the wash-- coming out of the nanostation.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Forgive my ignorance but how / where is it connected to?

MEP001

Reaction score
The antenna on a wifi switch. The antenna unscrews from it like a coax cable.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Source please.
Earl & Msaxonii,

I have played with some of that extending of wifi. I found the most information from RV camper & RV parks related suppliers. The antenna fittings can get a bit tricky to mate ... if memory serves me right.

Etowah