What's new

Crytopay

rhino

Reaction score
Question for you guys using count up CC in your self serve bays. Do you display time spent in the bay as the customer is washing or do you display a running cash amount the customer is using? We are adding CC to our site and curious to see what you guys have experienced.
Thanks

David Rolf

Reaction score
We also just installed the system last year in all bays and love it. Count up is the only way to go. Most don't care how much they spend. Just pay attention to the max charge so you don't get calls. Often they forget to hit the stop button and runs up to your set max charge. They just want a clean rig....

Etowah

KleanRide

Reaction score
Often they forget to hit the stop button and runs up to your set max charge. They just want a clean rig....
I probably have 10-12 customers a month drive off without hitting the stop button. Early on I thought I’d be getting a bunch of irate phone calls from those folks, but not one to date. Including the guy who has now driven off 6 times paying $15 for a $5 wash.

A fool and his money...

bert79

Reaction score
I probably have 10-12 customers a month drive off without hitting the stop button. Early on I thought I’d be getting a bunch of irate phone calls from those folks, but not one to date. Including the guy who has now driven off 6 times paying $15 for a $5 wash.

A fool and his money...
We have maybe 3-5 a month drive off and not hit the button. I have received one phone call and he was actually apologetic after i explained that he did t hit the button. I had to insist on refunding him because he understood that it was his fault. A question for those of you who count up in $. We have been counting up in time. I know Greg said that he has seen an increase in revenue by switching from time to $. Have others seen this too? Why do you think this is? Any thoughts/ideas?

rhino

Reaction score
How do you guys handle the calls with the customers who forget to hit the stop button? Do you refund their money or explain the signs and state that you have no idea how long they washed for or if the next car in line washed?

bert79

Reaction score
How do you guys handle the calls with the customers who forget to hit the stop button? Do you refund their money or explain the signs and state that you have no idea how long they washed for or if the next car in line washed?
We have cameras so if we need to we can go back and look to verify if the customer actually did not press the stop button. In my opinion since most of our customers are regulars I see no need to play hard ball and refuse to refund. The one guy who I had call I gave a full $15 refund (so he got a free wash). I know he'll be back over and over and over again. Overall it probably only cost me a few dollars to make a customer very happy and I was able to educate at the same time so it doesnt happen again.

Ayerule

Reaction score
Huh.. Been doing count up on time since installing cc.
Wonder if it would make a difference switching.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
In my opinion since most of our customers are regulars I see no need to play hard ball and refuse to refund.................... Overall it probably only cost me a few dollars to make a customer very happy and I was able to educate at the same time so it doesnt happen again.
Same here.

soonermajic

Reaction score
Guess I'm an idiot, cause i had no idea that guts counted up in $$. Hel, i didn't even know that was an option.

Im going to add Cryptopay in 6 weeks to.
Do you have to have High Speed to add Cryptopay?

I sure like the HotSpot / Router idea, that was talked about a couple yrs ago...

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Dixmor LED 6 timers I believe are the only ones that will do count up money.

As why count up money brings more revenue-I believe the customer feels more comfortable when they know how much they have spent and will use the services longer when they can see their tab. Not knowing the true amount causes anxiety. No one likes a unexpectedly high bill. With count up time the only practical way for a customer to know how much they have spent is to stop the transaction, then it's too late.

Bandit

Reaction score
Thank you for suggestion to count up money to possibly increase revenues......had no idea. I will try !

RAM

Reaction score
The IDX display timers will also do Count-Up for credit cards.

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
"I do count up money. I went from count up time to count up money and revenue increased."

Greg, what % would you say your revenue went up? When I first programmed our timers I set them up to count up money. When I tested the bays and saw the timer counting up like a gas pump gone crazy I quickly switched to count up time. Maybe I'm mistaken thinking that would be a turn off.