What's new

Crytopay reader repairs

Jason Studer

Reaction score
I am being told that they are no longer repairing any readers with serial number SW 16000 or lower. those are roughly 5 years and older.

Is there anyone out there repairing them besides them? I have four readers that are from around that time and don't want to spend $400.00
every time one goes down.

Maybe its time to move on from them. I think 5 years is a little sad.

sparkey

Reaction score
I would be tickled to death to get 5 years out of them! I purchased cryptopay for my ACW and had to replace all the display digits in less than 6 months, and now the display totally died. Its around a year and a half old. Worst part about it I didn't even have the ACW powered up for almost 3 months during this time as I was rehabbing the automatic bay. Now I am down for 2-3 weeks while cryptopay repairs the display. I am hoping they will cover the repair since I have had so many problems with so little use.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I would be tickled to death to get 5 years out of them! I purchased cryptopay for my ACW and had to replace all the display digits in less than 6 months, and now the display totally died.
Cryptopay has display digits?

Jason Studer

Reaction score
I have sent the readers in at least five to six times in about the six years I have had them. I only have four bays and purchased two extra so that when they are down my bay isn't down for CC. Now I have one that they won't repair and one that the button does not light up, but still works. Not sure what to do.

Mchas

Reaction score
I have sent the readers in at least five to six times in about the six years I have had them. I only have four bays and purchased two extra so that when they are down my bay isn't down for CC. Now I have one that they won't repair and one that the button does not light up, but still works. Not sure what to do.
If the only problem is the button not lighting up there is a good chance you can repair it yourself if you’re willing to try. I found several threads on here about it including links to buy new buttons online. Need to open the back and unsolder old button and resolder new one.