What's new

cryptopay

Jason Studer

Reaction score
Cryptopay told me today that they could not guarantee my 3 1/2 year old swiper can be repaired, and it only needs the green button repaired/ replaced. So I'm suppose to ship it out to them, pay them to tear it apart, and then buy a new one? This is my first failure and I am a little disappointed.

Is anyone else having issues like this?

I hope Chevrolet doesn't tell me the same thing about my 2015 truck.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
They did just repair 2 of mine with button issues. $125 each. Got the same message re swipers below a certain number can't be repaired. Like many other things in this business, (and life) after a certain point repair is not cost effective.

OurTown

Reaction score
Do you guys have the button programmed for $.25 per press? Ours is that way and we were thinking that if it were $.50 or $1.00 that it would last longer.

OurTown

Reaction score
I don't know what I was thinking. We are going to count up when we remodel.

mjc3333

Reaction score
I've had Cryptopay for 6 years. I have 25 swipers total. Within the first year 10 went 'bad', all covered under warranty. Then, I started having problems with some of the warranty swipers along with some of the other original swipers. Right now obviously nothing is covered under warranty. I have 12 swipers out of the original 25 that are bad. I don't like the fact that I already spent over $10,000 to get up and running and now I have to spend over $4700 to get back where I was originally. To me, it was a poor investment. By the way, not ONE swiper was deemed rebuildable, even the swipers that had a so called 'bad' stop button. So SOL.

OurTown

Reaction score
I've had Cryptopay for 6 years. I have 25 swipers total. Within the first year 10 went 'bad', all covered under warranty. Then, I started having problems with some of the warranty swipers along with some of the other original swipers. Right now obviously nothing is covered under warranty. I have 12 swipers out of the original 25 that are bad. I don't like the fact that I already spent over $10,000 to get up and running and now I have to spend over $4700 to get back where I was originally. To me, it was a poor investment. By the way, not ONE swiper was deemed rebuildable, even the swipers that had a so called 'bad' stop button. So SOL.

We were told that they can repair the swipers for much less than the cost of a new one. What system would you buy now instead of Cryptopay?

MEP001

Reaction score
I like Hamilton's but it's too expensive to put on vacs. WashGear has the best deal when it comes to merchant processing, but installation is still pricey and everything needs to be hardwired. All things considered, I still think Cryptopay is the best choice for vacs even if you have something different on everything else.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
We ditched Cryptopay when we did the remodel and went with WashCard for everything on-site Autos, S.S, Vacs even added a CDR Card Dispensing and recharging station.

OurTown

Reaction score
We ditched Cryptopay when we did the remodel and went with WashCard for everything on-site Autos, S.S, Vacs even added a CDR Card Dispensing and recharging station.

How do you like Wash Card? We were quoted over $30,000 for our system vs about $5,000 for going with Cryptopay. We really wanted to go with them but it made much more sense to go with Cryptopay at the time. If you compare the systems they are two very different animals. One thing I didn't like is that at the time Wash Card didn't have a vending machine solution. I'm also not real crazy about having an on-site server.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Can y’all post some pictures of how you did your swipers on vacs and bays please?

Video of Cryptopay Bay Install

jsoriano

Reaction score
Do you guys have the button programmed for $.25 per press? Ours is that way and we were thinking that if it were $.50 or $1.00 that it would last longer.
Hi, we raised from 0.25 to 0.50 few months ago and no complaints. our average raised. We did it exactly for the same reason you mentioned. I would love to have count up but we have many bucket washers. At least when i am not here i make them use two cycles at least

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Earl I have mine set to a 3.00 minimum. Do you have a lot of with low usage transactions?
Depends on how you define "Low Useage" Since my exterior tunnel is a base of $3.50 we get plenty at that amount. Same processor. Same Account. That video show mistake in initial set up where I stopped it and it showed .40 This was corrected to minimum for bay.

mjc3333

Reaction score
We were told that they can repair the swipers for much less than the cost of a new one. What system would you buy now instead of Cryptopay?
Just got off the phone with Cryptopay. All of me readers are "too" old to fix, even though they only need a new stop button. I feel like I was the guinea pig for their system. I installed 25 readers during 2013 throughout that year. I have replaced at least 10 of them, and now have 10 more that need the stop button replaced, but now my only choice is the spend $1000's as I did just 6 years ago. This makes no sense to me. Definitely not worth it.

OurTown

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with Cryptopay. All of me readers are "too" old to fix, even though they only need a new stop button. I feel like I was the guinea pig for their system. I installed 25 readers during 2013 throughout that year. I have replaced at least 10 of them, and now have 10 more that need the stop button replaced, but now my only choice is the spend $1000's as I did just 6 years ago. This makes no sense to me. Definitely not worth it.
So what system would you buy if not Cryptopay?

MEP001

Reaction score
...now have 10 more that need the stop button replaced, but now my only choice is the spend $1000's as I did just 6 years ago.
You can get the button at places like mouser.com, digikey.com, automationdirect.com, probably many others, for about $10 each. I bought a Harbor Freight mini screwdriver set which came with the proper tool to open the swiper from the rear. The buttons are fairly easy to replace.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Do you have yours set to push only for stop or to add $? Yep, it stinks to have to replace that many and see they clip a coupon on every transaction they should make you a deal if you "trade In" some not too old bad ones.
Not clear from your post.

Were they warrantied the first year?

Is it a total of 10 more over the next six years or 10 in the recent past?

I think it's a cost benefit analysis. i now have 8 bays and 4 vacs with cryptopay and last month which was't a great month they accounted for over $5K. Have had to replace a few over time but I also replace stuff like Vac Motors, etc. regularly.