What's new

Cryptopay worth it?

zachb

Reaction score
I recently purchased a low volume 3 bay SS and it is all currently coin operated and has been in business sense 1987. I know that the world has become much more "card dependent", but wondered in this situation how much of a revenue increase has everyone been seeing when initially adding credit card service. I know that the cryptopay equipment is relatively cheap compared to other systems but just wondering.

Last edited:

slash007

Reaction score
Definitely worth it. Will build up over time and people spend more time and money if you use count up.

KleanRide

Reaction score
Just bought and renovated an old 7 bay that had never had a credit card system. Just completed a full month with Crypto and would highly recommended it. Customers like the convenience and so far they are spending about 20% more per visit than the coin customers.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Zachb,

Your demographics has a bearing on it. I am in a more rural area ... so some other convenience items such as ATM, bill acceptors in the bay, & making sure our 2 changers give out plenty of waterproof dollar coins make it so we can more than "hold our own" with some brand new credit card facilities. I do understand a demographic if you had an automatic ... where you would be the only one out all others with. Being without CC &/or phonepay in that case might not be a good fit. Making it easy for the customer to get dollar coins is definitely more convenient than "quarters only".

The last few years have brought us way more people who do not like to be interrupted ... to just put in a $5, $5s, or a $10 bill in our 6 self service car wash bays.

Other factors can attract more customers & get them to spend more than just the CC-Phone Pay factor. Potentially higher future Merchant Fees is something to consider IMHO too!

JMMUSTANG

car wash owner
Reaction score
I would go with Crypto pay, the $1 & $5 bill acceptor box from Etowah car wash company and get JBS Chemicals. Have them set up your chemicals. I did that 2 yrs. ago and my customers and I have been really happy.

mac

Reaction score
Ask yourself this question, "How many other businesses in the area do not have credit cards?" Make sure you install them with the count up mode. You may need to change out timers to do this but it will be worth it.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I added bill acceptor boxes to half my bays. (Etowah seperate boxes next to regular boxes. Figured if they attacked it regular box would still work and it was easier than changing out old box. ) Within a couple of months it convinced me todo the rest. Same with Crypto - count up. Now hald done half the vacuums. Easy inexpensive addtl revenue sources - Bonus time and Superbay. A little more expensive was Air Shamees.